Champs closing..end of an era!

GodStar

Not really the end of an era just more like a "slight" change. Champs has been 50% owned by Thornbridge for a considerable amount of time hence all the Thornbridge beers. It is now owned 100% by Thornbridge. As most of the Thornbridge and joint Thornbridge/Richard Smith companies are owned by the same people it is not clear if it will be along a pub theme or resturant theme. But as people have said it is very near to Relish but Relish is always busy so maybe Relish will move to the Champs premises? What is for certain is that it will sell Thornbridge beer, more than likely it will sell some sort of food and hopefully they sort the interior out. I for one am looking forward to it.

I hope they do sell Thornbridge beer, but if it's at the same prices as the Cricket Inn in Totley where a pint of Jaipur is £4.25 I certainly won't be paying them a visit.

Hopefully they will remain similar to Champs prices, which from memory weren't cheap, but I didn't need a 2nd mortgage to pay for a round.

Regards

Doom

Didn't they try that once before reduced the sports theme and it failed so they went back to the old formula?

Anyway can't see it working if they do you already got sevearl cocktail type bars locally.

I reckon they will end up going back again to the old formula.

I hope they do sell Thornbridge beer, but if it's at the same prices as the Cricket Inn in Totley where a pint of Jaipur is £4.25 I certainly won't be paying them a visit.

Hopefully they will remain similar to Champs prices, which from memory weren't cheap, but I didn't need a 2nd mortgage to pay for a round.

Regards

Doom

spot on Doom.

I like the Cricket Inn at Totley but they know how to charge eh?

Just put together a spreadsheet (Visicalc), and calculated that Thornbridge will own over 50% of Sheffield, a majority stake, by 2025.

No they won't, they're just expanding rapidly this year as everything can be written off against Emma's tax bill from her self awarded dividend. People in Sheffield will grow bored of this quickly, the business has expanded far too quickly and will diminish in the next few years.

No they won't, they're just expanding rapidly this year as everything can be written off against Emma's tax bill from her self awarded dividend. People in Sheffield will grow bored of this quickly, the business has expanded far too quickly and will diminish in the next few years.

Not sure how a company's loss can be written off against an individuals dividend but if you would like to expand on this it may prove to be invaluable advice

Shame to see another place to watch football cease to exist. I guess the Pomona (now The Ecclesall) is probably better to watch the match anyway. Am getting fed up of Thornbridge taking over everything though, don't mind them taking over dying pubs or shut ones like they did with the Greystones but shame to see diversity ruined by places like the Bath, Stag and Champs going over to them.

Archived