Champs closing..end of an era!

GodStar

been in today, the service was slow, food was not great, towers of glasses unwashed on the bar and loo roll not replaced in the ladies in over an hour...went to Botanicle so we could get served and use a loo with loo roll;)

they need more staff basically, bar deco/layout is nice enough but nothing special

been in today, the service was slow, food was not great, towers of glasses unwashed on the bar and loo roll not replaced in the ladies in over an hour...went to Botanicle so we could get served and use a loo with loo roll;)

they need more staff basically, bar deco/layout is nice enough but nothing special

that's a long time to be sat waiting in the loo for a loo roll to turn up. I admire your patience. Did you eventually stamp your feet and walk out?:)

Went last night think they have done a good job like the way the windows open on to the street.

Loads of tv's everywhere so should do well when the fotty is on.

Was not as busy as I thought though and loads of staff working so I assume they thought it would be busier.

The problem it has is its in a bit of a no mans land not close enough to the main (nursery/menzils) area and big competition from the cheap nettospoons next door.

Good luck to them though clearly some serious money spent.

Just experienced 'Champs' or the building with that name attached. I can only surmise that it is Champs in name only, hardly comparable with its former self.

Tiny portions, bland, tasteless food. A staff who aren't interested (at no point was I asked if I was happy with things) and no separate dining area meant my family had to endure the soundtrack of 30-something year old 'lads' enjoying the prospect of being allowed out minus their girlfriends.

Dave Wickett would turn in his grave. Champs? More like Banker's Draft!

• 3 weeks later...
It's a much less comprehensive menu than 'Old Champs', a burgers, hot dogs, that kind of thing.

Described on the website as being "second to none", I'm wondering whether those 'Mozzarella Sticks' pictured are home made or all the way from Macro?!

http://www.champssheffield.com/client_files/00064/Menu.pdf

Their Kamikaze Challenge promises infamy on their Facebook page for those who complete it, it could get very messy ;)

Food sounds a whole lot nicer than the rubbish Champs used to sell....

I went on Friday and the food was amazing. Really good choice, the portions were big for a Thornbridge/Richard Smith place and the food was good value. Staff were really good and had a nice couple of pints of Chiron. Although no doubt the Emma Harrison and Thornbrige bashing crew will end up boycotting out of "principle"

Archived