Excel/VCS lose in Court (+ Tribunal)

We know all council parking service staff and private parking companies are mostly just pure jobsworth scumballs though, otherwise they wouldn't be doing that job in the first place.

There is a real difference. Council staff are allowed to issue fines. Whether we like it or not.

Private parking companies aren't. Doesn't stop them disguising their unenforceable invoices as fines though.

The private parking company Excel who are based in Sheffield, lose again in court. The message needs to be spread as far as possible, don't pay private parking company's "fines". They are not fines, they are unenforceable invoices. Take no notice of them. Do not reply. Do not contact them and whatever you do, don't appeal.

After a few letters threatening all sorts of dire consequences none of which they carry out - they will stop bothering you.

Since I am a new member I am not allowed to post a URL. The story is in the Manchester Evening News.

The fact that it went to court implies that the charges are enforceable. This guy got away with it on a technicality about sign sizes. Nothing to do with the legality of the charge.

This one is quite funny, but again nothing to do with the legality of charges. Just a camera registering poeple driving through or past the car park to get to their homes. Excel seem to be trying to help in this case.

The fact that it went to court implies that the charges are enforceable. This guy got away with it on a technicality about sign sizes. Nothing to do with the legality of the charge.

No it doesn't. It was a civil case, not a criminal case. If I wanted to I could take civil action against you based on the content of your post, but there'd be absolutely no point because I have no legal cause for complaint.... so I'd lose.

Oh, and it wasn't a charge (because it wasn't a criminal action); it was a dispute about an invoice under contract law.

I think the thing is, people get a ticket..they see pay up or it doubles then trebles...then its failure to do so etc etc...it scares people, people just want an easy life, they see this through the post or stuck to the car and think oh god! its a scarey letter and people want an end

No it doesn't. It was a civil case, not a criminal case. If I wanted to I could take civil action against you based on the content of your post, but there'd be absolutely no point because I have no legal cause for complaint.... so I'd lose.

Oh, and it wasn't a charge (because it wasn't a criminal action); it was a dispute about an invoice under contract law.

But the case fell on the size of the signs, not that the "invoice" was unlawful.

Archived