Excel/VCS lose in Court (+ Tribunal)

we certainly wont be responding to anything. the pcn is obviously made to look very formal and worrying, has numerous red panels highlighting text, and "charge now payable" warnings. the discounted charge is £60 within 14 days and then £100 plus any costs incurred thro debt recovery and /or court action.

you can see why people fall for it , the wife was upset as she knows she would have paid for a ticket if it was her, and hasnt got 60quid to throw away to scammers.

can you keep us informed of any future threatening letters you will no doubt recieve. ?

You will get lots of re-assurance on this forum. The pattern of threats used by Excel (hair will drop out; first born son in every house on your street dying; and some of it written in scary red ink) is simply designed to frighten you and is standard. They are unlikely to take you to court.

But the solicitor's letter is important. Do let us know if it is Flint Bishop or Michael Sobell.

You will get lots of re-assurance on this forum. The pattern of threats used by Excel (hair will drop out; first born son in every house on your street dying; and some of it written in scary red ink) is simply designed to frighten you and is standard. They are unlikely to take you to court.

But the solicitor's letter is important. Do let us know if it is Flint Bishop or Michael Sobell.

will do, whats the difference in that?

Michael Sobell (Graham White) is an old guy. more or less retired. They seem to have moved on to Flint Bishop a firm in Derby.

It would be nice to know which you get. But there are some threat-o-grams to come yet. Ignore.

ok cheers. should they actually take it to court i am perfectly happy to respond to the papers properly and with professional assistance if needed to see them off. fully expect that not to happen, but lets see, have told the pair of em to ignore any letters or calls.

money saving expert site is quite helpful, advice is to just ignore it or if you werent driving to respond with the following

I received a parking ticket on xxxxx but I will not be paying your demand for payment as I was not the driver of the vehicle at the time in question. I am also under no obligation to disclose who was driving the car so please do not contact me again with regards this matter.

then if they continue to hassle you a second letter threatening police report action if they continue to hassle you.

ignore it completely or respond with above, knowing i can prove i wasnt the driver on the day, mmm.

I'd disagree with the MSE advice to respond if you weren't the driver. In doing so you open up a dialogue in which anything you say will be used against you. Plus they send you random bits of legal rulings. So save paper and effort: better just to ignore ignore ignore.

Archived