Excel/VCS lose in Court (+ Tribunal)

2nd excel/vcs letter arrived today, stepping it up a gear. its now £100 and threats of "may go to court" which "may result in solicitors fees" and "may result in baliffs" etc etc.

lots of red ink to make it look official, and worded/set out to make it look all the more threatening.

it refers to the fact that the "driver" is liable for all the costs etc.

filed with the 1st one.

Thanks so much for keeping us up to date. Do let us know when they stop, as they surely will.

quick question people.

imagine excel or whoever decided to take YOU to court, what would you do/say as your line of defence ?

i havent got a ticket or owt, but im sure many people on here would like to know how to defend themselves properly if the need ever came

quick question people.

imagine excel or whoever decided to take YOU to court, what would you do/say as your line of defence ?

i havent got a ticket or owt, but im sure many people on here would like to know how to defend themselves properly if the need ever came

Probably the best place to post IF you ever receive stamped court papers would be 'www.pepipoo com' where they have a lot of experience.

But it ain't gonna happen. Too much case law against the private parking company.

quick question people.

The official findings of the court (and therefore the best answer to this) are that a private company cannot offer a contract to park on land which they control but do not own. Therefore the signs which they put up stating that you are entering in to a contract do not constitute a contract nor does parking on the land constitute a contract with the private parking company.

You can only offer a contract to park on land if you own the land. Therefore the private parking business model has recently collapsed in on itself although they are desperate to persuade people it hasn't

quick question people.

i'll be proving i was at work and the ticket wasnt anything to do with me as it would be impossible to be in 2 places at once. i dont believe i am under any legal obligation to try and find out which one of the 2 other people who can legally drive my car was doing so at the time.

3rd letter received today, its another slight step up on the threats with "suggested" court charges of £30 and £50 solicitor charges "if" it goes to court. :loopy:

i've not had a threatening letter now for about 4 weeks, the last one was a discounted settlement amount from another company that had bought the fine from Parking Eye on bradfield road farmfoods car park, it said the next step will be court proceedings.

still waiting

i've not had a threatening letter now for about 4 weeks, the last one was a discounted settlement amount from another company that had bought the fine from Parking Eye on bradfield road farmfoods car park, it said the next step will be court proceedings.

still waiting

No it didnt say will be court it said Could or may be.Thats why people pay up because they dont read properly.

"two Star readers did some digging and discovered the real figure for court claims lodged by private parking firms was just 845. And of those just 49 were heard before a judge, some 1,800 times lower than the maximum amount claimed."

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/action-desk/parking-law-figures-flawed-1-4708742

No it didnt say will be court it said Could or may be.Thats why people pay up because they dont read properly.

"two Star readers did some digging and discovered the real figure for court claims lodged by private parking firms was just 845. And of those just 49 were heard before a judge, some 1,800 times lower than the maximum amount claimed."

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/action-desk/parking-law-figures-flawed-1-4708742

Sorry, didn't realise you've been reading my mail out of the bin

Archived