Excel/VCS lose in Court (+ Tribunal)

3rd letter received today, its another slight step up on the threats with "suggested" court charges of £30 and £50 solicitor charges "if" it goes to court. :loopy:

The forth letter will say they are giving you a chance to avoid court proceedings by accepting their kind offer of " A Reduced Settlement" , but their kind offer will only be on the table for 14 days ,after which they will start court proceedings against you.

Thats what my 4th one said :hihi::hihi:

Interesting to see that Excel Parking Services lost their SIA licence on 16 July... it'll be interesting to see what, if any, effect that has on their "services" in future!

I'm not sure what that means fully, does that mean they cant use CCTV for the ANPR?

I'm not sure what that means fully, does that mean they cant use CCTV for the ANPR?

SIA licences are individual. Companies can become "approved operators" which allows them basically to award a temporary licence to staff members who have applied for a badge once all documents have been received by the SIA, pending a final licence being awarded. It only works for Door Supervisor or Security licences, not CCTV.

It actually costs quite a bit of money to have approved operator status so is only really useful for companies that operate lots of security contracts and will be recruiting staff who have not had badges awarded as yet. I think you can have something like 20% of your staff with the temp licence so, as said, really not worth it for companies with a small number of security contracts.

The company is audited annually be the SIA and makes sure all personnel records are BS7858 vetted etc.

I don't think it's a case of not having their licence renewed, probably more a case of them not renewing. You don't need SIA licences for ANPR equipment as CCTV licence is only needed for live monitoring.

• 3 months later...

letter no4 on behalf of excel arrived from Roxburghe debt collectors as expected. the wording has now been subtly changed by look of it to now include

"we are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and you may well feel this guidance is worth following. we strongly urge you to seek independant legal advice rather than rely on these opinions" :-) i bet!

the letter states the driver should have paid, and if you are not the driver we invite you to provide the drivers name and address so we may update our records accordingly.

its now at £142 due to the "late payment fees".

at least they dont try to claim you must provide details of the driver, i'm under no obligation to do so to them so i'll await my day in court if it comes

the next step of course is that they will refer it to their solicitors graham White for review for potential legal action.

My advice is ignore all correspondence from these jokers and do not pay. If they take anyone to court the case is thrown out as judges take a dim view of their attempts at extortion. I know at least 10 people who have refused to pay and none of them has been taken to court. Eventually they (Excel) just give up.

Please note that the authorities, particularly Trading Standards, are taking an active interest in Excel Parking Services. They have also attracted the attention of the BBC programme "Face the Facts."

letter no4 on behalf of excel arrived from Roxburghe debt collectors as expected. the wording has now been subtly changed by look of it to now include

"we are fully aware of anecdotal information being presented via the internet and you may well feel this guidance is worth following. we strongly urge you to seek independant legal advice rather than rely on these opinions" :-) i bet!

the letter states the driver should have paid, and if you are not the driver we invite you to provide the drivers name and address so we may update our records accordingly.

its now at £142 due to the "late payment fees".

at least they dont try to claim you must provide details of the driver, i'm under no obligation to do so to them so i'll await my day in court if it comes

the next step of course is that they will refer it to their solicitors graham White for review for potential legal action.

These clowns are priceless :hihi::hihi:

My advice is ignore all correspondence from these jokers and do not pay. If they take anyone to court the case is thrown out as judges take a dim view of their attempts at extortion. I know at least 10 people who have refused to pay and none of them has been taken to court. Eventually they (Excel) just give up.

Please note that the authorities, particularly Trading Standards, are taking an active interest in Excel Parking Services. They have also attracted the attention of the BBC programme "Face the Facts."

never responded to any of them and dont intend to.

I have had four "Invoices" from Excel in the last 18 months , which ive totally ignored ,then i received all the subsequent idle threats, lies and fake solicitors letters , again ignored ,and ive never once been taken to court. They are pathetic .

Archived