Cyprus any recomendations

Avoid Ayia Napa. It's the "teen scene" .

Great for teenagers on the **** all night...but not good for families.

Limassol or Paphos?

Limassol is my choice.

Nice sea front. Plenty of Bars/Cafe's.

Some great Hotels.

And no annoying salespeople.

Paphos..

Nice place but full of salespeople wanting to sell "Timeshare Apartments".

You can't walk the length of the sea front without being confronted numerous times.

Wherever you choice...you need a car if you want to see the Island.

There's some lovely inland villages to visit close to Limassol.

A trip up the Trudos mountain is a must.

...Paphos..

Nice place but full of salespeople wanting to sell "Timeshare Apartments".

You can't walk the length of the sea front without being confronted numerous times...

Interesting. Perhaps I just look a bit tatty and down on my luck, but I have relatives living in Paphos and so visit quite regularly, and I've never been approached by a timeshare seller. Lucky me.

To the OP, I'd recommend Polis (fly to Paphos, hire a car and head north for 17 miles). Lovely beach.

Interesting. Perhaps I just look a bit tatty and down on my luck, but I have relatives living in Paphos and so visit quite regularly, and I've never been approached by a timeshare seller. Lucky me.

To the OP, I'd recommend Polis (fly to Paphos, hire a car and head north for 17 miles). Lovely beach.

Maybe I was unlucky then?

On my two visits to Paphos "timeshare sellers" were a pain in the backside.

BTW..I have family in Limassol and visit regularly.

Maybe we are both looking through "rose tinted glasses" (family connections)

From my experience Paphos and Limassol are the main two places for tourists to base themselves.

Ayia Napa is like Sheffield Town Centre on a Saturday night.

I agree, a car is essential if you want to see the the real Cyprus.

Lots of interesting places to visit.

I'd recommend Coral Bay. Its just outside Paphos so only a short taxi drive if you wanted to get into the hustle and bustle a bit, but is lovely and peaceful with a beautiful beach and lots of restaurants.

I'd recommend Coral Bay. Its just outside Paphos so only a short taxi drive if you wanted to get into the hustle and bustle a bit, but is lovely and peaceful with a beautiful beach and lots of restaurants.[/QUOT

I would second that, fantastic beach for kids and plenty of bars and restuarants but not mad like Paphos, stay in coral bay itself or in the village back a bit in the hills Peyia, villas are cheap to rent with a pool, going again in August cant wait.

Maybe I was unlucky then?

On my two visits to Paphos "timeshare sellers" were a pain in the backside.

BTW..I have family in Limassol and visit regularly.

Maybe we are both looking through "rose tinted glasses" (family connections)...

It would have been the designer shorts and sunglasses that attracted them, Allen, whereas I somewhat resemble a beach bum. You're likely right about the rose-tinted specs in my case, although, I remember when there were just two tourist hotels in Paphos (one owned by the Greek Orthodox Church), and Coral Bay was surrounded by fields with only one taverna above the beach and no hotels or appartments at all. Pahpos had no airport and so you flew in to Larnaca and then shared one of those large Merc taxis along the coast road. The place has changed almost beyond recognition since then.

Archived