Cyprus any recomendations

I remember when there were just two tourist hotels in Paphos (one owned by the Greek Orthodox Church), and Coral Bay was surrounded by fields with only one taverna above the beach and no hotels or appartments at all. Pahpos had no airport and so you flew in to Larnaca and then shared one of those large Merc taxis along the coast road. The place has changed almost beyond recognition since then.

We were stationed in Cyprus in the mid 60s when Paphos was just a fishing village, our landlady came from a village (Ineia) in the hills outside Paphos.

best posting in HMForces.

I've had 11 holidays in Cyprus now, been all ends, I prefer Protaras, can recommend Andreotis Apartments, located near Fig Tree Bay. Sunset book these. Coral Bay is nice but not much to do for kids. Limmasol is too built up I feel, Paphos is nice with plenty of history and the harbour area is great, can recommend Princessa Vera Apartments there.

I've had 11 holidays in Cyprus now, been all ends, I prefer Protaras, can recommend Andreotis Apartments, located near Fig Tree Bay. Sunset book these. Coral Bay is nice but not much to do for kids. Limmasol is too built up I feel, Paphos is nice with plenty of history and the harbour area is great, can recommend Princessa Vera Apartments there.

I've lived in Cyprus twice and holidayed twice a year for the last fourteen years, the Princessa Vera appartments are right on the Tomb of the Kings Road with all the noise that goes with it due to the daytime traffic and night time racket, the appartments themselves are not much better.

We were dumped there on a last minute holiday and made the holiday company re-locate us.

There are so many places of interst/beauty to access fro Paphos if you hire a car.

Archived