New employment rules for dismissing underproductive staff. about time!!

Well, I have worked for the Post Office, BT and the NHS. I have worked as a contractor for the MoD, NHS and various overseas public services including Deutsche Telekom. I have also been a customer of the NHS, Education, HMRC, DWP and SCC. So why don't you just.........................

You have worked for many companies and organisations it appears. Why do they keep sacking you?:huh:

Guest sibon

We're all being sidelined by a nice bit of poilitical spin.

There is no chance of the Government introducing the no fault sacking proposal. We all know that. The Lib Dems won't vote for it. Labour won't vote for it. I guess that the rational wing of the Tory party won't vote for it either.

Hats off to Vince Cable and his team for stirring up a media storm, just to prove that the Lib Dems really are tempering Tory policy. Clever stuff.

You have worked for many companies and organisations it appears. Why do they keep sacking you?:huh:

It's project work, dummy. You build it and move on to the next. I am good at it so I get lots of it ............................... all over the world. It's very interesting and it pays well. :hihi:

It's project work, dummy. You build it and move on to the next. I am good at it so I get lots of it ............................... all over the world. It's very interesting and it pays well. :hihi:

Not much getting built in England now is there dumpling? Are you a turkey who voted for Christmas?:D

Do they employ you in a sort of village idiot role, to keep the other staff amused?

We're all being sidelined by a nice bit of poilitical spin.

There is no chance of the Government introducing the no fault sacking proposal. We all know that. The Lib Dems won't vote for it. Labour won't vote for it. I guess that the rational wing of the Tory party won't vote for it either.

Hats off to Vince Cable and his team for stirring up a media storm, just to prove that the Lib Dems really are tempering Tory policy. Clever stuff.

That was my view. But having though about it this has legs. Why should anyone employ someone they don't want to?

Guest sibon
That was my view. But having though about it this has legs. Why should anyone employ someone they don't want to?

I've a bit of sympathy for that viewpoint for small businesses.

To survive, they need to be able to get out of costly mistakes with the minimum of fuss.

I wouldn't like to think that it was the norm, as it would certainly lead to a great deal of insecurity amongst the employed population. That won't help anyone.

I don't think that following proper procedure will hurt Boots or Sainsburys. It could be serious for you though.

So you have been happy to take money from working for public services but now you attack them as being useless. Something doesn't add up here. If I was being cynical I might suggest you are part of the problems that you think you have all the answers to.

Archived