New employment rules for dismissing underproductive staff. about time!!

As always there are things the private sector can do better than the public sector and should be brought on board to help with public sector service delivery when there are clear benefits and genuine efficiencies. But the wholesale dogmatic ideological hiving off of our public services has been disasterous for consumers. Bad that the Tories did it in the first place. Disgsuting that Labour did nothing to reverse any of it.

Think it was too far gone after privatisation. Too many other peoples fingers in the pies and the taxpayer would not have been able to afford a repurchase of previosly sold off companies.

When taxpayers money is used to pay private industry to provide services, they are there to make money, not provide a service, so the surplus money goes to shareholders. At least if the civil service was ran efficiently, any surpless money would still belong to the taxpayer, and not some rich toff creaming off the tax from our wages.

Why ? If an employee isnt pulling their weight and doing their job properly then any employer should be able to fire them on the spot. If you run a business and was paying someone a good wage and they wernt doing their job as they should ,wouldnt you want to give them the boot ?

There are already reasonable processes for dealing with underperforming workers.

Why ? If an employee isnt pulling their weight and doing their job properly then any employer should be able to fire them on the spot. If you run a business and was paying someone a good wage and they wernt doing their job as they should ,wouldnt you want to give them the boot ?
should i take a disgruntled employer/managers word without evidence erm no:hihi:

water

electricity

railways

buses

banks

All in the private sector. All underperforming.

I'm confused, where's xenia or Jim Graham to leap to the defence of under performing private sector companies..........it's almost as if they couldn't form a coherent argument. Or a sentence come to that.

water

electricity

railways

buses

banks

All in the private sector. All underperforming.

Have you noticed how they always try and flip an argument when their brow begins to sweat?

BTW, you've missed out places like the NHS, DVLA, UKBA where private companies were contracted to carry out work and totally messed everything up and the state has had to do all the mopping up. Even now our IT coverage has been contracted to a private business and it has never been so bad. And while we're on it, what about medical businesses like BUPA who can't do the job they are paid to do and then up sending patients to the NHS?

Have you noticed how they always try and flip an argument when their brow begins to sweat?

BTW, you've missed out places like the NHS, DVLA, UKBA where private companies were contracted to carry out work and totally messed everything up and the state has had to do all the mopping up. Even now our IT coverage has been contracted to a private business and it has never been so bad. And while we're on it, what about medical businesses like BUPA who can't do the job they are paid to do and then up sending patients to the NHS?

Or Group 4 losing prisoners or A4E scamming everyone and collecting millions.

I didn't read every page, but I doubt that if I do I'll find anyone claiming that private companies are perfect somehow...

What they are though, is normally more willing to sack unproductive staff and primarily interested in making a profit, neither of which apply to the public sector.

Another point is that has a consumer I can choose which private company to spend my money with, so if one provides a poor service, I just won’t use them. The public sector on the other hand forces me to give them money so that they can squander it on useless private companies and themselves, they force me to pay for poor services.

Another point is that has a consumer I can choose which private company to spend my money with, so if one provides a poor service, I just won’t use them. The public sector on the other hand forces me to give them money so that they can squander it on useless private companies and themselves, they force me to pay for poor services.

Really? In a privatised health care system do you really think you will get much more choice? The NHS functions as an all services under one roof organisation. It needs that scale to deliver the vast range of services. In a private system after a few years a natural monopoly will build. You'll effectively be left with a choice of a small handful of very big companies to choose from. And you will have to pay for it. And it has not been proven in other countries that the service is any better.

Likewise for trains. You want to get a train from Sheffield to anywhere you can't say you have a vast amount of choice over provider.

Likewise utilities. The choice gets smaller as providers are swallowed up by bigger competitors.

You think you have choice. You have very little. It's a neat con really.

Archived