New employment rules for dismissing underproductive staff. about time!!

Guest sibon

Which workers exactly do you labourites stand for?

All of them. Teachers, Gardeners... you know the sort of folks. :)

I just wish that the Labour Party leadership would develop the balls to do the same thing and prioritise standing up for working people over sucking up to wealthy corporations.

All of them. Teachers, Gardeners... you know the sort of folks. :)

I just wish that the Labour Party leadership would develop the balls to do the same thing and prioritise standing up for working people over sucking up to wealthy corporations.

When was the last decent labour leader?

The leadership defines what the party does, it's been unmittigatedly awful for decades (possibly excluding John Smith, don't know much about the mans policies but he seemed respected but sadly cut short). Politics isn't football, you can't just go on supporting the "team" in spite of the fact that they bear no resemblance to what they pupport to be and what their supporters believe in.

Guest sibon
. Politics isn't football, you can't just go on supporting the "team" in spite of the fact that they bear no resemblance to what they pupport to be and what their supporters believe in.

Indeed not and for that reason, the Labour Party has work to do to regain the vote of people like me.

The party leadership might have abandoned its principles, there are thousands like me who have not.

Regardless. I'll be six feet under before I vote Tory:)

When was the last decent labour leader?

The leadership defines what the party does, it's been unmittigatedly awful for decades (possibly excluding John Smith, don't know much about the mans policies but he seemed respected but sadly cut short). Politics isn't football, you can't just go on supporting the "team" in spite of the fact that they bear no resemblance to what they pupport to be and what their supporters believe in.

John Smith was a good leader. By the time he died Labour had built up a solid 15-20% lead in the polls. He was moderate, and economically literate and capable. In fact the likes of Blair and Brown criticised him for being too fiscally conservative. I wish he was still with us now because we'd most likely have a much better country. Before him.......... maybe go back 20 years to Wilson who for all his flaws and mistakes was a genuine leadership figure.

Same here. Absolutely unthinkable.

I respect your and sibons passionately held views on the matter but it doesn't make any sense to me. In any election surely looking at all the individual candidates makes more sense than a blanket self imposed ban on one of the three parties that can make a government? To refuse to contemplate voting conservative effectively means i want a labour government, and we all saw how that worked out under blair and brown.

You and wednesday1 always turn up at the same time.

Ive twigged it, youre the same person!!!!!!

God im slow

A bit like you and Angelfire then, and probably quite a few more.

Archived