New employment rules for dismissing underproductive staff. about time!!

Guest sibon
Both documents start by saying "we are going to work together". As far as I'm concerned that's coalition politics. You can split hairs all you like, and you will, but the two are the same.

I was hoping that you would read beyond the first sentence :wink:

John Smith. Brilliant man.

Are you sure? where is the evidence? there are examples of "lost leaders" such as Kennedy, are you certain that if he had got into power he would have made less mess than the Blair Brown show. Would he have resisted the machinations of Bush.

I doubt it. He should have lived long enough to prove me wrong though.

In the USA some large companies sack the least productive 10% every year.

Good thing or bad thing?

Sounds good to me. I bet that concentrates a few minds. Perhaps that's why the US is already well out of recession.

Have you not considered the points made in the two posts above yours?

I've worked for a number of US companies and I can tell you there is a fundamental difference in management attitude. In the US the management reward people who get the job done. In the UK management reward people who comply with the process. Guess which one leads to the best results for the organisation?

I respect your and sibons passionately held views on the matter but it doesn't make any sense to me. In any election surely looking at all the individual candidates makes more sense than a blanket self imposed ban on one of the three parties that can make a government? To refuse to contemplate voting conservative effectively means i want a labour government, and we all saw how that worked out under blair and brown.

I don't think I could vote for any of the main parties right now to be honest.

But one thing I do know is I will never, ever vote Conservative. It's not self-imposed. It's automatic and my morals, principles and concern for other human beings would never allow it. Problem for me is that Labour is no longer a place where I feel comfortable either. I don't think I've even moved to the left any more than I ever have been but our whole political system seems to have shifted to the right.

Archived