New employment rules for dismissing underproductive staff. about time!!

Ive worked in industy all my life and now work in a service industry for a security firm. I have had all sorts of gaffers over the years, this one is the best I have ever worked for. He doesnt talk about " making the grade" or talk in the disparaging tone that you do about people who want a job.

Ive never agreed with many of the lefties who infest this thread but i have to say mate, you do come across as being a bit of plonker.

Vote for Dave.

i usually agree pretty much with your posts on the whole but as you have said you are employed?? you dont run a business? morning noon and night? so you dont have the same slant on what needs to be done and who needs to be brought in line if they are not producing the goods, i do!! i treat my staff very well thanks and they appreciate that in return by working to the max, i dont need other lefty "plonkers" on here telling me how to run my business.

as for talking about people who want a job in disparaging tones well sometimes that is all that can be done as most dont want work:loopy:

Why employ people like that in the first place ? :confused:

luckily i dont usually but sometimes after a while someone gets too comfortable and starts taking the Mick they can slide into shirking and other bad work practices

i usually agree pretty much with your posts on the whole but as you have said you are employed?? you dont run a business? morning noon and night? so you dont have the same slant on what needs to be done and who needs to be brought in line if they are not producing the goods, i do!! i treat my staff very well thanks and they appreciate that in return by working to the max, i dont need other lefty "plonkers" on here telling me how to run my business.

as for talking about people who want a job in disparaging tones well sometimes that is all that can be done as most dont want work:loopy:

Maybe I was a bit harsh, and you are right in saying that I have never actually run a business. I take my steer from the guy I currently work for, he employs about 700 security men and women. Some of them, like me, joined him afer leaving the Mining and Steel industries. Some have been here over 20 a couple over 25.

He is on first name terms with everyone. Has a laugh and a joke, but is all business when the job is getting done. Everyone is treated the same, he once said to me that if he had to sack someone he felt it personally as to take a mans job from him was a terrible thing to have to do.

I think I am right in saying that he has never had a tribunal. If he has no one has heard about it. After working for idiots in heavy industry, I thought all gaffers would be the same. They are not.

You come over a bit strong, maybe you should meet him.

I am sure you are not a plonker, anyone having a go at running a business has my respect.

Good luck.

Maybe I was a bit harsh, and you are right in saying that I have never actually run a business. I take my steer from the guy I currently work for, he employs about 700 security men and women. Some of them, like me, joined him afer leaving the Mining and Steel industries. Some have been here over 20 a couple over 25.

He is on first name terms with everyone. Has a laugh and a joke, but is all business when the job is getting done. Everyone is treated the same, he once said to me that if he had to sack someone he felt it personally as to take a mans job from him was a terrible thing to have to do.

I think I am right in saying that he has never had a tribunal. If he has no one has heard about it. After working for idiots in heavy industry, I thought all gaffers would be the same. They are not.

You come over a bit strong, maybe you should meet him.

I am sure you are not a plonker, anyone having a go at running a business has my respect.

Good luck.

cheers ;) harsh i can take if necessary i have a broad back.

your boss sounds like a good one......sounds a bit like me actually, point for point you made i can relate to, like i said before in one of my companies(catering) we have a very low staff turnover, there is a reason for that!

maybe i do come over a bit strong sometimes but i am heartily sick of being the one one that has the cards stacked against them when it comes down to "workers rights" !!! some balance is needed hence my support for the new initiative:)

Well today is the day that all this bumf is implemented. I can't help but feel workers will start cutting corners in an attempt to imrpove their efficiency much to the detriment of the standard of work.

Archived