New employment rules for dismissing underproductive staff. about time!!

Employers make their money by having a good hard working work force; it wouldn't be in an employer’s best interest to sack someone that works hard. scivers on the other hand make it harder for everyone.

no they dont, they make their money by screwing their workers into the ground.

no you haven't since what is being proposed is "no fault dismissal"

that may or may not make it easier to remove unproductive staff, but it also makes it just as easy to remove productive staff

Why would an employer want to get rid productive staff?:huh:

no they dont, they make their money by screwing their workers into the ground.

No they don't and you don't have to work for an employer, you could be the employer and pay your staff over the odds, you will make a mint, or maybe have to make everyone redundant because no one wants the expensive service you offer.

So that they can get an employer who is even more productive. Eventually we could get back to work houses or even slavery.

How would they know the new employee would be more productive and how much time would be wasted training someone to do the job. New employees usually cost the employer money because they aren’t usually the most productive.

How would they know the new employee would be more productive and how much time would be wasted training someone to do the job. New employees usually cost the employer money because they aren’t usually the most productive.

If jobs are unskilled and easy to learn, little or no training is required. Employers will of course still need to look after artisans however. This will always be the case.

Well Beecroft's own report highlights that employers could get rid of workers if they don't like them.

If 'we're all in this together', why is Dave taking advice on how to make it easier to sack someone from someone who profits from the consequences of economic instability?

because he didn't like them

i'm very good at my job but i also frequently question the insane processes and procedures at work, which actually hinder my ability to do my job. the latest one being to insert a delay of up to a week between work being requested and work being started just so a committee of clerks, who don't understand what i do, can tick some boxes.

unfortunately, we have some new management who value ticking boxes more than actually doing stuff.

so does that make me more or less productive?

maybe we should be able to get rid of unproductive managers too :)

Archived