Looking for a Britton Street Sheffield

Hi,

Can anyone help with a mystery that is Britton Street, my Father said he can remember a Britton Street that was in Sheffield maybe in the 50s/60s We are from Devon but have a connection with Sheffield and this has baffled us all for years.

thanks

Roy

You'll probably have more joy posting in the "History & Ex - Pats" section - make sure you get "High Green" in the title!

Moved it. There is a vast amount of knowledge in this section, hopefully someone can help with the OP's query.

Hi,

Can anyone help with a mystery that is Britton Street, my Father said he can remember a Britton Street that was in Sheffield maybe in the 50s/60s We are from Devon but have a connection with Sheffield and this has baffled us all for years.

thanks

Roy

hiya just had a look and it was britain street it was just off shorham st number 149 shorham st it looked to be a short road according to my 1895 street directory. there was no britton st, sorry.

ps sorry but didn't realise somebody had written the same answer as me.

Archived