Another innocent killed by a monster

Anyway, she told me that every guy she had ever dated excluding me, had been violent towards her. That beauty could be a real curse.

I think that a lot of women (estimated to be 1 in 4) have experienced violence from a partner at some point, however, the fact that every guy that she had ever dated had been violent towards her highlights how common it is. Many women who experience serial relationship violence have a history of childhood abuse or grew up in violent households. This isn't the case for everyone of course and there are a lot of factors at play here, beauty and male insecurity may possibly be factors but plenty average/ordinary/plain women are subjected to possessive and controlling behaviour by men who seek to totally disempower them so that they don't leave. Where murders take place, it is more often than not the point where the woman tries to leave or has left they occur.

I think that a lot of women (estimated to be 1 in 4) have experienced violence from a partner at some point, however, the fact that every guy that she had ever dated had been violent towards her highlights how common it is. Many women who experience serial relationship violence have a history of childhood abuse or grew up in violent households. This isn't the case for everyone of course and there are a lot of factors at play here, beauty and male insecurity may possibly be factors but plenty average/ordinary/plain women are subjected to possessive and controlling behaviour by men who seek to totally disempower them so that they don't leave. Where murders take place, it is more often than not the point where the woman tries to leave or has left they occur.

I used to go out with a girl who used to try and goad me into hitting her.

Shed call me names, break my stuff, bruise me, scratch my face and on one occasion she stabbed me with a knife.

Mad bitch or what?!?!?!

Turns out she had a thing for violence.

It turned her on and in the end she dumped me cos i wouldnt smack her.

She found her ideal bloke one day though.

Pity out her face now though. She used to be really pretty.:(

I used to go out with a girl who used to try and goad me into hitting her.

Shed call me names, break my stuff, bruise me, scratch my face and on one occasion she stabbed me with a knife.

Mad bitch or what?!?!?!

Turns out she had a thing for violence.

It turned her on and in the end she dumped me cos i wouldnt smack her.

She found her ideal bloke one day though.

Pity out her face now though. She used to be really pretty.:(

Yes, there are women who have a propensity for violence, I know of several men who have experience of this. Some of the women involved undoubtedly had/have severe mental health issues. It's far more common than we think and there's very little general awareness of it. I have even heard of men calling the police and being carted off themselves when they turn up as they're made to believe that he is the violent one and that the woman was defending herself.

I know that it's only a soap, but Corrie is tackling this issue at the moment.

They're also generally more cocky/arrogant and more likely to home in on the stunners, whereas 'nice' men tend not to have such over-inflated egos and will generally think that a stunning woman is out of their league.

Why would a "nice man" think a stunning woman would be out of his league?

Yes, there are women who have a propensity for violence, I know of several men who have experience of this. Some of the women involved undoubtedly had/have severe mental health issues. It's far more common than we think and there's very little general awareness of it. I have even heard of men calling the police and being carted off themselves when they turn up as they're made to believe that he is the violent one and that the woman was defending herself.

I know that it's only a soap, but Corrie is tackling this issue at the moment.

I dont watch it but ill dip in. I have to say i find it all quite interesting since my experience. A bit of info i didnt mention though.

Turns out my ex had been abused physically and sexually for much of her life.

Her dad used to like to leave a painful mark or bruise after hed done her as a reminder to keep her mouth shut and not say anything.

Maybe in the long run she equated violence with love as her dad started on her pretty young.

3 i think she was.

Do you know to this day i dont think shes ever reported him.

I dont watch it but ill dip in. I have to say i find it all quite interesting since my experience. A bit of info i didnt mention though.

Turns out my ex had been abused physically and sexually for much of her life.

Her dad used to like to leave a painful mark or bruise after hed done her as a reminder to keep her mouth shut and not say anything.

Maybe in the long run she equated violence with love as her dad started on her pretty young.

3 i think she was.

Do you know to this day i dont think shes ever reported him.

Sadly, that's a very common scenario, as I outlined in my earlier post. Most people don't report their abusers.

I still don't know how you manage to think that "nice men" are too insecure to approach "beautiful" women :huh:

That blog outlines numerous reasons as to why. They're theories. The most stunning women I know are those who were seldom chatted up. Anyway, there is a whole thread on this topic.

Archived