Unfriending People On Facebook..

What irritates me is when I log on and see that I have a notification waiting for me that turns out to just be some sadsack sending a request on Superball or some other stupid bloody game they're playing!

Lol exactly the same! I have deleted a few 'friends' recently that I didn't like at school and don't like now. I think the main reason for accepting them in the first place was to be nosey!

I have once or twice but it's only with acquaintances. Although someone I thought was a friend defriended me, turns out people in their mid-30s behave just like teenagers when they're on facebook ;)

Maybe they deleted you because you are the type of irritating person that people have been posting about in this thread?

I had 190 friends,but chopped it down to 40+

I told my gay mate to stop posting scantly-clad beefcakes to my wall,and slathering in his comments about them.

I block a couple of mates updates because they put rude comments(which i don't really want my daughter to see.)

I hate all 'play this game apps.'

What about ex partners? Its difficult to unfriend them, the timing has to be right or you'll seem either cruel or hurt...

I can't see the point in keeping tabs on an ex....

Yeah, I had that problem. We did the whole 'we'll still be friends' thing, but I don't want him seeing everything I put on there, and I'm not interested in what he does :suspect:

Its more the people who put stuff like 'i love my boyfriend sooooooooooooo much' that annoy me. Why don't they just tell him then? :huh:

Heheh, my best friend's wife is like that, she'll post comments all day about how they've spent the perfect day together and they are so in love.

In reality they have an awful relationship, and if they were having having such a great time why would she spend so much of it on Facebook?!!

There are people who post about 200 statuses while they are on a night out stating how much of a good time they are having. :huh:

It comes in handy if you want to know where they are so you can mug them once they're drunk.

Yeah, I had that problem. We did the whole 'we'll still be friends' thing, but I don't want him seeing everything I put on there, and I'm not interested in what he does :suspect:

If you've been dumped there's the period when you look through all their photos until you find one where there's a slight hint of sadness in the eyes, then that makes you feel better...:hihi:

I know, or they're at a festival yet feel the need to harp on about how great it is rather than just enjoying the festival!! I think often it's used as a way to rub other peoples noses in it. I've recently come off FB as I was wasting too much time ar$ing about and reading about peoples lives I don't even care about!!

Good for you! More should follow your shining example of realisation! :thumbsup:

Archived