What your mother told you

If my brother or I asked mum to pass us something, she'd say "What did your last servant die of?" or "Oh, yeah, wear us old 'uns out first"

My nannan used to tell me if I strayed too far from her house, the Bogeyman would get me ... I was proper scared of him!!!

If my brother or I asked mum to pass us something, she'd say "What did your last servant die of?" or "Oh, yeah, wear us old 'uns out first"

My nannan used to tell me if I strayed too far from her house, the Bogeyman would get me ... I was proper scared of him!!!

I tried turning the tables on her with that one, she asked me to pass the salt so I asked her, what did ya last slave die of?

She said, not passing the salt.

"What did your last servant die of?"

"Under-work, and overfeeding!"

I tried turning the tables on her with that one, she asked me to pass the salt so I asked her, what did ya last slave die of?

She said, not passing the salt.

That puts me in mind of the very non-pc scene from the carry-on (carry on loving?) where Peter Butterworth's character IS asked about his two wives' passing away:-

"What did your first wife die of?"

"Oh, she ate poison- mushrooms."

"What did your second wife die of?"

"A fractured skull"

Oh, dear! And how did that happen?"

"She wouldn't eat the mushrooms!"

That puts me in mind of the very non-pc scene from the carry-on (carry on loving?) where Peter Butterworth's character IS asked about his two wives' passing away:-

"What did your first wife die of?"

"Oh, she ate poison- mushrooms."

"What did your second wife die of?"

"A fractured skull"

Oh, dear! And how did that happen?"

"She wouldn't eat the mushrooms!"

The old non PC humour was the best IMO

Classics

How many times have I told you not to do that

There's no such thing as can't

A place for everything and everything in its' place

Clean your plate there's people who would be glad of that food