Girl who joked about having bombs in her bag

Originally posted by Zamo

First rule of comedy - if people don't laugh at your joke first time then shut up. It isn't going to get any funnier repeating it a second or third time - in fact it will become significantly less funny so let it go and stop digging. She kept digging and will now have to pay a price to get out of the idiotic hole she dug.

Spot on Zamo. Perhaps we can write a similar joke for Jim Davidson, send him to America and say This joke'll go down a bomb over there.:D :D

Lol, they'd cart him off to Fort Knox for that.... everyone knows the Americans are over-sensitive about everything since 9/11.... But the girl in this case should've known better at age 21, a teenager yeah, I could just about put it past them to make a retarded joke like that but not an "adult"...

I agree with fnkysknky

I'm obviously not as paranoid as everybody else.

It seems like everybody has jumped on the hysterior bandwagon here.

Bags get searched, x-rayed etc. No bombs will get through in suitcases, i'm sure.

I'm suprised anyone outside America would be so stupid as to be worried by this (albeit bad taste) joke. I can see why airport security are offended by it, but they were surely never worried. She's just been punished for offending people. That's all. And it's ridiculous.

Fifteen years - acceptable for this type of thing is it? You gotta be kidding me.

She's now known throughout the world (and rightly so) for being a pillock. That, together with her bail money and her time spent locked up so far, is suffice.

Originally posted by jackthedog

I agree with fnkysknky

I'm obviously not as paranoid as everybody else.

It seems like everybody has jumped on the hysterior bandwagon here.

Bags get searched, x-rayed etc. No bombs will get through in suitcases, i'm sure.

I'm suprised anyone outside America would be so stupid as to be worried by this (albeit bad taste) joke. I can see why airport security are offended by it, but they were surely never worried. She's just been punished for offending people. That's all. And it's ridiculous.

Fifteen years - acceptable for this type of thing is it? You gotta be kidding me.

She's now known throughout the world (and rightly so) for being a pillock. That, together with her bail money and her time spent locked up so far, is suffice.

But since 9/11 the Americans will always get their knickers in a twist over EVERY little security issue whether it's a daft joke, real or whatever....

These days people should be AWARE of that and not make stupid jokes like this in the first place, there's some things in life you just DON'T crack jokes about.

Originally posted by jackthedog

Should the price for telling a bad joke be 15 years imprisonment?

I don't know where the 15 years comes from - I read 6 months on the BBC website and I doubt she'll even get that.

What she did was a bit like people who make false 999 calls. It takes resources away from where they are needed and can therefore put people in increased danger. Perhaps that bloke with the bullets slipped through whilst they were interviewing her?!?!?!;)

I believe it was stupid and wrong to say what she did (and if she did repeat it twice more even more stupid) but given her age, I think she has probably suffered enough.

Come on, she's only a kid.

If it had been someone more mature, I think the authorities would have been right to treat her with more severity.

Originally posted by Sam Miguel

come on, she's only a kid.

She's 21 and has therefore been an 'adult' for 3 years already! But yes, I agree that she has probably now suffered enough. The best punishment would be for her to go and visit the survivors of terrorist attacks and help them out - i.e. community service.

Archived