Girl who joked about having bombs in her bag

Originally posted by kittykat

can i also make the point the first girl didnt actually pay the fine some business man who heard about her paid it for her so she got off very lightly

This is true but I understand the charges haven't been dropped and she's expected to return for the hearing. If she doesn't then I suspect that business man will be coming looking for his money!

Originally posted by kittykat

can i also make the point the first girl didnt actually pay the fine some business man who heard about her paid it for her so she got off very lightly

I thought it was The Sun wot got her back.

• 2 weeks later...

From Sky News.......

BOMB 'JOKER' WALKS FREE

A British student arrested after "joking" that she was taking bombs on to a London-bound flight has been freed by a court in Miami.

But Samantha Marson, 21, has been told to give £650 to a fund supporting victims' families from the September 11 attacks.

Marson spent four nights in a Miami jail after making the "foolish" joke during a baggage check at Miami International Airport.

She was about to board a British Airways flight to London on January 17 to renew her visa.

Police said she told a Transportation Security Administration official during a baggage check: "Hey be careful, I have three bombs in here."

Asked to repeat herself, she allegedly made the same statement twice more. She was arrested and charged.

After being bailed from Miami Dade County Jail four days later, she said she was "really very sorry" for the "foolish mistake".

She added: "This is a warning for everybody who wants to play stupid jokes not to do that. I wasn't thinking, that was my problem."

Archived