EBay problems - help!!

Hi guys,

I recently bought an item as a gift on eBay on the 7th May for £43....it was sent to me on the 9th and I recieved it on the 19th! Grrr! Not good for 1st Class recorded delivery! :rant:

When I opened the package to check the item I found that part of the item was literally cut in half! The item was made of metal and was so cleanly cut it must have been by a saw before postage as it was wrapped so securely a bomb squad wouldn't be able to open it! It took me 40 minutes of swearing and attacking the box with a key to open it.......:suspect:

I contacted the seller on Sunday and they said (in a very rude way with swearing etc) that I must have done it myself and then proceeded to call me an a*sehole for complaining and leaving negative feedback! They also said that wouldn't accept the item back and not to bother sending it back to them...they also said that I must have replaced the item with a broken one as it had taken me so long for me to complain (I complained the day after it arrived - took 10 days - quoted 3-4)

Now I bought an item from the same company on eBay a couple of weeks and it was brilliant! Well packaged, speedily delivered and the sent me a very nice message indeed.

What do I do? :help:

I buy loads from e-bay (mostly good transactions and sometimes bad) but this sounds ridiculous.

From what I know e-bay is constantly on a buyers side. You do have the option of returning the item....despite what the seller says. As for his abusive manner it makes we wonder why??? A seller should be concerned...not abusive like that!

Have you read his feedback? Also, you mention that he left you neg feedback. I didn't realise a seller could leave neg feedback - thought that stopped a long time ago.

Report it anyway and good luck

Ebay will immediately put a hold on your payment the second you file a case against them and if the payment was of a substantial amount then that will get him to work with you in most cases. Give it a few days if no resolve has been reached and then raise it for it to be reviewed by ebay, I'll put money on you having a refund within 24hrs*

*From the date of case review.

I buy loads from e-bay (mostly good transactions and sometimes bad) but this sounds ridiculous.

From what I know e-bay is constantly on a buyers side. You do have the option of returning the item....despite what the seller says. As for his abusive manner it makes we wonder why??? A seller should be concerned...not abusive like that!

Have you read his feedback? Also, you mention that he left you neg feedback. I didn't realise a seller could leave neg feedback - thought that stopped a long time ago.

Report it anyway and good luck

The seller has (had) 100% positive feedback... I meant he had a go at me for leaving him negative feedback. :)

Archived