EBay problems - help!!

The seller has (had) 100% positive feedback... I meant he had a go at me for leaving him negative feedback. :)

It always amazes me how rip off sellers get such good feedback. Don't people complain enough? I just claimed money back from a seller selling counterfeit games, he got worried when I threatened to report him to ebay.

Hi guys,

I recently bought an item as a gift on eBay on the 7th May for £43....it was sent to me on the 9th and I recieved it on the 19th! Grrr! Not good for 1st Class recorded delivery! :rant:

When I opened the package to check the item I found that part of the item was literally cut in half! The item was made of metal and was so cleanly cut it must have been by a saw before postage as it was wrapped so securely a bomb squad wouldn't be able to open it! It took me 40 minutes of swearing and attacking the box with a key to open it.......:suspect:

I contacted the seller on Sunday and they said (in a very rude way with swearing etc) that I must have done it myself and then proceeded to call me an a*sehole for complaining and leaving negative feedback! They also said that wouldn't accept the item back and not to bother sending it back to them...they also said that I must have replaced the item with a broken one as it had taken me so long for me to complain (I complained the day after it arrived - took 10 days - quoted 3-4)

Now I bought an item from the same company on eBay a couple of weeks and it was brilliant! Well packaged, speedily delivered and the sent me a very nice message indeed.

What do I do? :help:

The item was probably posted in good time, and as much as I hate to say it, once an item is in the hands of Royal Mail the seller can't be held responsible if it goes "walkies" or is delayed in transit.

Hi,

I bought an item of ebay a few months ago, the seller quoted that it would be there in a few days, it never arrived, so emailed them, they said they were short staffed and that was why it was delayed, I accepted that. I ordered it 2-3 weeks before I needed it to take it to spain with me, it still didn't arrive before I left for my holidays, they contacted my whilst I was on holiday, I asked them to keep it and I would contact them on my return to agree an appropriate day, I arrived home and the item arrived the next day! after weeks of hassle I was fed up, but as I liked the item, I decided to leave neutral feedback. Approx. 1 month later the seller emailed me and asked me to change my neutral fedback to positive as it was having a negative affect on their business! I said "No", whilst I am sorry you feel your business has suffered due to my neutral feedback, I am sticking with my opinion. It's quite possible that sellers do this to others and therefore their satisfaction level comes back very high. just a thought.....

Hi guys,

I recently bought an item as a gift on eBay on the 7th May for £43....it was sent to me on the 9th and I recieved it on the 19th! Grrr! Not good for 1st Class recorded delivery! :rant:

When I opened the package to check the item I found that part of the item was literally cut in half! The item was made of metal and was so cleanly cut it must have been by a saw before postage as it was wrapped so securely a bomb squad wouldn't be able to open it! It took me 40 minutes of swearing and attacking the box with a key to open it.......:suspect:

I contacted the seller on Sunday and they said (in a very rude way with swearing etc) that I must have done it myself and then proceeded to call me an a*sehole for complaining and leaving negative feedback! They also said that wouldn't accept the item back and not to bother sending it back to them...they also said that I must have replaced the item with a broken one as it had taken me so long for me to complain (I complained the day after it arrived - took 10 days - quoted 3-4)

Now I bought an item from the same company on eBay a couple of weeks and it was brilliant! Well packaged, speedily delivered and the sent me a very nice message indeed.

What do I do? :help:

File a complaint, show them that you've tried to be reasonable with the seller over the damage, provide images of the damaged item and his responses including the abuse over the feedback etc.

Assuming your side of the story is the truth (not calling you a liar, but I've only one side of the story) I can't see Ebay not refunding you for the item and persuing him for it.

I think there's a time limit to open the complaints/resolution procedure. 30 days?

I had a problem with a mobile phone from an ebay seller. I contacted him by email through ebay, he denied there was any fault with the phone. I rang him up and he was off with me. I then received an email from him saying he would refund the money and asked me not to take it to resolution.

I didn't trust him. A day before the end of the time limit, I opened a resolution as I doubt he had any intention of refunding me.

It was sorted and I got a full refund, plus P & P.

If the seller says they're not at fault, and can prove the item was delivered, but you say it arrived broken, eBay often reach a 'no fault' conclusion, and they refund you themselves, and the seller keeps your cash. The buyer rarely loses, but eBay may ask you to return, at your own expense, and then ask the seller to refund, but the seller has to accept a return. Send it recorded, always, as the seller may not get it back ;)

The item was probably posted in good time, and as much as I hate to say it, once an item is in the hands of Royal Mail the seller can't be held responsible if it goes "walkies" or is delayed in transit.

In the words of Monty Python, thank-you for stating the bl***ing obvious.:hihi::hihi:

Go to your resolution centre and open a "item not as described" case.

eBay will then put the seller's money on hold whilst you return the item. You must send it back via recorded delivery, as you'll have to provide the tracking number to prove you've sent it.

As soon as its been delivered, you'll get your money back.

You'll receive the full amount you paid (including postage), however, you'll not get the amount you've had to pay to return the item. Bit of a pain, I know, as it's not your fault you've received a duff item.

Better than nothing though I suppose.

I'd also think about reporting the message where he's been a numpty, he could get a suspension. Also, put him on your blocked bidders list (if you sell items too), to stop him buying something of yours and leaving you revenge feedback!

Think I've thought of everything! Lol. Can you tell I've been burnt many many times before.....!

Archived