Proving difficult to find a new job :(

I was made redundant at the end of march ,and so far have had no luck in finding a new job :(.

I apply for jobs on a daily basis and have registered with lots of jobsites+recruitment agencies, now i have got to the point where i'am applying for anything and everything, but i'am finding it quite soul destroying that i've not heard back from any would be employers.I'am currently on contribution based jobseekers which is quite frankly the most depressing thing i've ever had to do and the jobcentre advisors are no help at all. I'am trying to stay positive and am hoping that it won't be for much longer.

Anyone in a similar situation ? do you have any tips to give?

thanks not really sure why i wrote this,just needed to vent a little i suppose :|

I know how rough it is mate, and I know from painful experience that job centre "advisors" are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and that's putting it in family friendly terms.

I was made redundant at the end of march ,and so far have had no luck in finding a new job :(.

I apply for jobs on a daily basis and have registered with lots of jobsites+recruitment agencies, now i have got to the point where i'am applying for anything and everything, but i'am finding it quite soul destroying that i've not heard back from any would be employers.I'am currently on contribution based jobseekers which is quite frankly the most depressing thing i've ever had to do and the jobcentre advisors are no help at all. I'am trying to stay positive and am hoping that it won't be for much longer.

thanks not really sure why i wrote this,just needed to vent a little i suppose :|

Can't offer you any advice, but if it's any consolation there are many in the same boat as you.

All you can do is keep trying and hopefully something will turn up.

Best of luck to you!

Much depends on the type of job. Do you also look at local government websites? For instance, SCC has quite a variety of jobs in schools. Teaching assistants, cleaners, child welfare workers, ict support and caretakers. Have a look here: https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/whats-new/job-vacancies.html

Did you get any severance pay?

I was made redundant from my job at HSBC several years ago. I took the pay off and set up my own business. There are plenty of businesses that need little capital to get started, as long as it's something you are passionate about.

Whatever you do, good luck.

Sad and bad times for a lot of people at the moment pal.

Looks like you are pulling your weight and looking for work.

Keep yourself shipshape.And don't turn into a potato couch,or lose hope.

Keep body and mind active!Something will turn up..

Good luck.

Iv'e mostly been self employed every time I had a job I got the sack, the best and only job I stuck at and liked I got made redundant from,do something for your self have a think at what you are good at beets working for some one else, you can get a lot of help from the government as well.

Thanks to all for the comments :).

Think i was just feeling a little sorry for myself yesterday ,

The severance pay i got wasn't as much as i had hoped to get and after paying a few bits and bobs off there wasn't really enough left over to do anything with. Will research the setting up on my own idea in more depth though as i quite like the idea of being my own boss :)

thanks again everyone :thumbsup:

Archived