Pre- 1960 cars no MOT.

Many of the boy-racers of today really look after their cars well but still have to a yearly MOT.

Is this the Tory led government looking after its older, rich, classic car owning supporters I wonder? hmmmm.

I ant no Tory and never have been ether and I am not rich,

Many of the boy-racers of today really look after their cars well but still have to a yearly MOT.

Is this the Tory led government looking after its older, rich, classic car owning supporters I wonder? hmmmm.

Your first point is slightly relevant although comparing the cars that "boy racers" (your words) use to a 52 year old plus car may show why there's a discrepancy..I think your second point is a little silly..many of the classic car owners I know are not old and certainly not rich..and I don't ask them about their voting habits.

@Shogun

Is it a requirement to have limited insurance as well?

At the moment classic car insurance is so cheap its not worth arguing about it cost me £76 for fully comp for the year for any one of them I put on the road.

I ant no Tory and never have been ether and I am not rich,

Your first point is slightly relevant although comparing the cars that "boy racers" (your words) use to a 52 year old plus car may show why there's a discrepancy..I think your second point is a little silly..many of the classic car owners I know are not old and certainly not rich..and I don't ask them about their voting habits.

For someone that has recently complained on another section of assumptions being made you sure don't mind making them yourself do you :)

Fair enough, it was a bit of a generalisation.

The emphasis on 'at the moment' :hihi:

The whole thing is going to be a mine field you will not be able to MOT them as they will not be on the system so if the insurance company's can not get proof of the roadworthy-ness of the car they will want it to go for some sort of inspection like a engineers report or something similar costing a lot more than the present £35 so I can see the insurance company's bumping the price up a lot I myself as long term classic car owner and enthusiast am against it and I thought that the MOT we have for our old cars is Ok as it is not as stringent as for modern cars it just tests the basic things which most of my old cars usually fly through.

The whole thing is going to be a mine field you will not be able to MOT them as they will not be on the system so if the insurance company's can not get proof of the roadworthy-ness of the car they will want it to go for some sort of inspection like a engineers report or something similar costing a lot more than the present £35 so I can see the insurance company's bumping the price up a lot I myself as long term classic car owner and enthusiast am against it and I thought that the MOT we have for our old cars is Ok as it is not as stringent as for modern cars it just tests the basic things which most of my old cars usually fly through.

Insurance companies don't ask for proof of a cars' roadworthiness now. (I have to admit, I don't know about classic cars.) That's not to say that in the future they won't!

Insurance companies don't ask for proof of a cars' roadworthiness now. (I have to admit, I don't know about classic cars.) That's not to say that in the future they won't!

They always say they will not insure a non roadworthy vehicle when ever you have to claim they will ask for the MOT certificate if you don't have one you are not covered, when they get wind of this new legislation I think they will ether want more money or like I said an engineers report all extra cost they will not take owners word as proof as to road worthy-ness.

They always say they will not insure a non roadworthy vehicle when ever you have to claim they will ask for the MOT certificate if you don't have one you are not covered, when they get wind of this new legislation I think they will ether want more money or like I said an engineers report all extra cost they will not take owners word as proof as to road worthy-ness.

Ah, that's a different matter if you're making a claim. But to insure it, it's not required. I think I said this on my post earlier.

Lets face it insurance companies are money grabbing so-and-so's at the best of times. I'm sure you're right they will try to oik the costs up given half an excuse!

Archived