What, No Cycling Section?

As a recent 'born again cyclist' I'm really surprised that there isn't a Sheffield Forum cycling section, what with all the cyclists in and around Sheffield... :confused:

It must be that everyone's out on their push-iron instead of sat in front of a computer....?

Most of them use the forums on their own cycling club website to avoid the repetitive anti cycling red light ignoring cycling on pavement, less polluting, quieter, less damaging to roads, less likely to kill people car owning brigade.

An entire section of motorists bitching about cyclists? Sounds like a great idea in theory, but that is what it would actually be.

Many forums get around these kind of problems by simply stating that the cycling section is for constructive discussions about cycling matters, that motorists bitching about cyclists is not welcome, then using a moderation team to remove any posts that don't follow that guideline.

Many forums get around these kind of problems by simply stating that the cycling section is for constructive discussions about cycling matters, that motorists bitching about cyclists is not welcome, then using a moderation team to remove any posts that don't follow that guideline.

Aye. That'd explain why the moderating team dont want a cycling section, then. I'm sure they have both a life outside of SF moderation, and other sections here that also need moderating.

A cycling section would not help with either of those.

FYI, I am a cyclist :)

Archived