Rising Sun - Has Abbeydale Brewery moved in?

AYBABTU

Well, they have got rid of the last manager now.

Stef he was called, what a gimp.

Hopefully Abbeydale will turn it back into a decent boozer, without all the chavs in that back room comparing scooter parts, and 5 deals of weed.

The Rising Sun was my local from 1987 to about five years ago. The place went downhill when Richard and Claire left and on my last couple of visits resembled some kind of drug den.

Now that the Abbeydale Brewery has got it things are well and truly looking up. I went in over Christmas/New Year and the first thing I noticed was that the place already smelled cleaner. Admittedly, the place is totally No Smoking so that helped.

As for the beers, where to start? What a range!! A table menu with taster notes would be a huge help (as at The Devonshire Cat) but all the beers I tasted were great (and some had quite a clout). Also, nice to see a bottle of Worthington White Shield, which soon become mine and soon went to my head.

Good luck Abbeydale Brewery. The pool table's gone and hopefully it's taken the 'element' with it that helped turn this once great boozer into a little doss hole.

It could become my 'local' again.

This sounds very interesting. I was very dissapointed with the Rising Sun the last (and only) time I visited, but I will certainly be paying another visit now. :cool:

Do they stock the full range of Abbeydale beers, as well as some guests?

I believe the Rising Sun was once owned by the Sheffield Student's Union, don't know if it still is - sounds like probably not.

Originally posted by BasilRathbon

They have chavs in Fulwood????!!!!

Behave, this isn't Fulwood, it's Nethergreen.

Hoodies, hoodlums and the screeching tyres of old Ford Cortinas is the norm come 10pm - "curfew time".

Meanwhile in Fulwood, tea is served on the lawn whilst Sebastian tries to beat Dominique at bowls.

'How very dare you!':o

Archived