Vile animal cruelty. Why?

JBee

Originally posted by Cyclone

obviously animal cruelty is sickening and disgusting. It'll be a short thread though as you're not likely to get anyone disagreeing I hope.

I'm afraid that I don't think shooting the people who are cruel to animals is the way forwards though, nor is it particularly amusing although I suppose in a crude way it gets across your dislike of those people.

I'm sorry if I offended your sensibilities. I prefer the term 'effective' to 'crude', but I won't argue the point. I suggest you attempt to acquire a sense of humour - start with Bill Hicks - or at least of irony.

I also read a little while ago that there's a link between animal cruelty and child abuse. I suppose it's all interconnected with the lack of conscience aspect.

Originally posted by ppn_2204

I'm sorry if I offended your sensibilities. I prefer the term 'effective' to 'crude', but I won't argue the point. I suggest you attempt to acquire a sense of humour - start with Bill Hicks - or at least of irony.

sorry, sense of humour seems to have been temporarily replaced with hangover this morning. I really haven't ever heard the phrase "a rhetorical statement" before though, it seems like an overqualification.

obviously animal cruelty is sickening and disgusting. It'll be a short thread though as you're not likely to get anyone disagreeing I hope.

I'm afraid that I don't think shooting the people who are cruel to animals is the way forwards though, nor is it particularly amusing although I suppose in a crude way it gets across your dislike of those people.

Actually I think shooting those who are cruel to animals would be highly effective, and if that makes me psychotic then so be it. Or perhaps an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth...

Thug sticks a firework up a cat's ar*e, so we stick a firework up the thug's ar*e. Idiot put the legs off a daddylonglegs, we pull the legs off the idiot. Moron dumps their kittens outside a shelter in a plastic bag, we dump moron outside a shelter in a plastic bag.

Now that's what I'd REALLY like to do to people who are cruel to animals.

As for being a short thread, it's sad if that's the case. It's no good us all saying that animal cruelty is wrong - there must be something that people can do to contrubute to stopping it?

Originally posted by ppn_2204

I also read a little while ago that there's a link between animal cruelty and child abuse. I suppose it's all interconnected with the lack of conscience aspect.

I understand that in some states in America, when there's an incident of animal cruelty and there are children in the family, the equivalent of social services investigates also.

Places like Pets At Home (Pets 'r' Us?) make it all too easy to impulse buy an animal. Then if you're some kind of moron you can't be bothered or can't afford to have the pet neutered, take it for daily walks, provide medical attention and train it etc.

Pet licencing would make people think twice. Some sanctions against breeders would too. The import of foreign reptiles for pets is never going to benefit the animal, so I'd like to see that stop.

Our neighbours got a rabbit for their kids when they were little, it lived alone in a tiny hutch on their back yard, with no attention from the kids after the first week, maybe getting let out once a month. It died unmourned and unloved years later, so depressing.

Oh, and yes, while animal cruelty remains endemic in society through the food on our plates, people will always have it in the back of their minds that the treatment of animals doesn't matter.

Originally posted by Godzilla

I understand that in some states in America, when there's an incident of animal cruelty and there are children in the family, the equivalent of social services investigates also.

Yes, that's what I read. And highly appropriate too. I'm not saying that the two are inextricably linked, but there is apparently a significant association between cruelty to children and to animals.

I find it absolutely astounding, as well as horrifying, how someone can behave in such a way. Surely it's beyond the comprehension of most people, who would never begin to assume that such behaviour is in any way approaching normal.

so you're against animal cruelty, but you're quite happy to lower yourself to their level and be cruel to people, how... conflicted.

:rolleyes:

Read into it what you like. Yes, I would like to inflict pain on those who cause animal suffering. If I caught anybody doing anything to my horse, for example, then I'd happily go to jail for my actions.

Archived