Motorised garage door

Has any members in Sheffield had experience in fitting a motorised garage door opener with a canopy or chamberlin arm system--just fitted one on a double door but cant get get it to function right---cheers

is it fitted to a canopy door?

You may also require a bow arm convertor.

Try googling or ebay

Sorry if you have already tried these.

thanks for replies---it does not have a smooth operation --either up or down--it is quite a heavy door and I am not sure exactly what the bow arm is supposed to do ---it must slightly change the pivot point to allow the motor to do its work--the acompanying manual give several ways to fit different style arms but I have had no success as yet--

thanks for replies---it does not have a smooth operation --either up or down--it is quite a heavy door and I am not sure exactly what the bow arm is supposed to do ---it must slightly change the pivot point to allow the motor to do its work--the acompanying manual give several ways to fit different style arms but I have had no success as yet--

Hi,

When i fitted mine, the [don't know proper name ] main connection to the canopy door seemed to snatch the door, causing it not operate correctly.

I new some one who repairs garage doors who told me to get a bow arm, this makes the opening and closing more smoothly.

Call in the garage door shop in Sheffield and look at how their units are connected. It used to near Bramall lane.

Archived