People who enjoy the downfalls of others

Typical smug inheritor stance.:roll:
I am smug: I f***ing earned it :twisted::P

But I haven't inherited anything (apart from the duck :D). And I will not, ever: there's nothing to inherit. No house, no money, no car, no paintings or antiques - sweet FA.

You see, part and parcel of being an entrepeneur is that, sometimes, things go t1ts up in a BIG way and, when you're young and full of spunk and raring, but inexperienced, you make mistakes...or get stitched-up. Sometimes, really BIG mistakes or stitch-ups. Millions-big.

So, my Dad was BIG stitched-up nearly 40 years ago, in his early 20s, by two of his elder brothers in a business start-up. The reason why I've never, ever met them, and likely never will, nor my cousins. Also the reason why my Dad has never owned (in his own name or in my Mum's), anything fancier than a nice watch to this day - bailiffs would have pounced, and still would today. They live well, have for a long while, but it's all smoke and mirrors - always has been. There's probably many idiots like you who even think they've inherited their lifestyle, as well :hihi:

Don't know why I'm rambling, you hardly seem worth the time of day. But hell, feels better now :P

I've done better than my engineer and entrepreneur Dad, thanks to my Dad's support and educational 'primer' leg-up.
One can not choose his parents, but he can be lucky enough to be born with good ones...

He's done better that his mine pit loco-driving Dad, thanks to his Dad's support and his Dad's paternalist employer.
Good for him, if he earned it, he deserves recognition.

I hope my daughter will do better than me, and am raising and supporting her accordingly. She'll get a still better education than I did, whatever the cost.
Good stuff, I hope my children do better than me also, and everyone else's too! If I have children I will spend time educating them in various things.

There is no shame in standing on the shoulders of giants and climbing onwards, rather than start again at their feet :|

Climbing a hill starting half way up is different to climbing a hill starting from the bottom.

As an aside, I note that most of your arguments appear to be revolve around what complete strangers will or would 'think' about someone who inherits wealth. How foolish, tbh.

:confused:

I just want equality of opportunity.

A more level playing field.

Some people will always educate their children, but that's different to being born into an unjust fixed monopoly enforced by law (law set by the monopolists themselves!).

I am smug: I f***ing earned it :twisted::P

But I haven't inherited anything (apart from the duck :D). And I will not, ever: there's nothing to inherit. No house, no money, no car, no paintings or antiques - sweet FA.

You see, part and parcel of being an entrepeneur is that, sometimes, things go t1ts up in a BIG way and, when you're young and full of spunk and raring, but inexperienced, you make mistakes...or get stitched-up. Sometimes, really BIG mistakes or stitch-ups. Millions-big.

So, my Dad was BIG stitched-up nearly 40 years ago, in his early 20s, by two of his elder brothers in a business start-up. The reason why I've never, ever met them, and likely never will, nor my cousins. Also the reason why my Dad has never owned (in his own name or in my Mum's), anything fancier than a nice watch to this day - bailiffs would have pounced, and still would today. They live well, have for a long while, but it's all smoke and mirrors - always has been. There's probably many idiots like you who even think they've inherited their lifestyle, as well :hihi:

Don't know why I'm rambling, you hardly seem worth the time of day. But hell, feels better now :P

Of course I was only a tea boy then. I wish I had a link to the Monty Pythons sketch that you epitomise "Eddie baby".:hihi::hihi::hihi:

It seems to me that some people simply wallow in the downfall of their fellow human beings. They appear to take great delight from their suffering and inability to cope at what the world throws at them. It is particularly noticeable from tories who are ok for cash because of what mummy and daddy gave them.

Why are some people like this? I have noticed it on various threads on here over the last few days. The daddy bought me this and mummy gave me that brigade are always the worst people. They love to gloat and tell others "I'm alright Jack":|

What's the matter with your other account Mr.Soft?

There have been some very good points made in this thread. Perhaps banning inheritance could be the way forward as it would allow everyone to keep their own income and not have to help to pay off a debt created by tories.

Perhaps some would feel sorry for the ones who lose their inheritance, but after all , they never earned the money so it is not theirs. They would be able to take pride in the fact that their parents had got Britain back on it's feet by paying off the national debt.

It would also stop people who inherit money being all smug and laughing at the downfall of others.

Oh, and another ;)

Archived