Coaching assistance/volunteer offer

I want to get into football coaching. I have no qualifications yet, but will take the Level1 course soon. I will volounteer in any kind of organised team where there is need for extra coaching stuff.

Suggestions on how to launch my new career are welcome.

I want to get into football coaching. I have no qualifications yet, but will take the Level1 course soon. I will volounteer in any kind of organised team where there is need for extra coaching stuff.

Suggestions on how to launch my new career are welcome.

Best thing to do to get your career started, print off 1000 leaflets, pick out a field in your local area and push the leaflets through the door.

Get some of those coloured floor marker cone things, get some footballs, arrange a start time (ie 11am on local park every saturday) and you yourself be on the field 15minutes before the start time & day. (charge £4). As you are a new starter, its best you have a CRB check as well as this will give the parents confidence (they don't know you from Adam)

Even if only 4 kids turn up, you make yourself £16. Make the session enjoyable and the session will hopefully develop from there.

Don't put too much hope in coaching qualifications as by and large they are not worth the paper they are written on. Passing a qualification is a far different skill to actually coaching

What type of coaching are you after, and what days are you unavailable?

My aim is to ultimately be a 11-a-side football team coach. Right now am just looking for a place where i can assist an established coaches and learn from them.

I am available most evenings and weekends.

Kitso

I can't really say, its something i've never done before. I usally play in goal for a team in Uni-Intra-league so um familiar with that. I am also good at match and player analysis,

Where and when do you guys practice?

Archived