Petrol now £1.20 a litre.. Good man Dave!

Just bear in mind what we were paying a few years ago - Market speculation and a rise in demand from India and China has got the country conditioned to thinking that this is cheap.

Unleaded 95 petrol

UK major brand average pump prices source UKPIA/whatprice.co.uk

2000 - 2009 (pence per litre)

2000 80.20

2001 75.50

2002 73.20

2003 76.30

2004 80.90

2005 87.30

2006 92.11

2007 95.00

2008 107.37

2009 95.60

Everything is relative.

Oh yes, those little Noddy cars with the tiny engines :hihi::hihi::gag:........ No thank you ,never, ever ......... Id rather pull my own teeth out with pliers .:hihi:

They're not all like that...have a look at a Tesla model S.... 0-60 5.6 seconds and 125mph top speed..and about a 350 mile range on a charge..

They're not all like that...have a look at a Tesla model S.... 0-60 5.6 seconds and 125mph top speed..and about a 350 mile range on a charge..

The only problem holding up electric cars is the time to recharge them ... that and the fact that OPEC won't be too pleased to see electric cars. Think I read somewhere, electric cars should have a simulated noise so people can hear them.

The only problem holding up electric cars is the time to recharge them ... that and the fact that OPEC won't be too pleased to see electric cars. Think I read somewhere, electric cars should have a simulated noise so people can hear them.

The Model S can be recharged at a rate of 62 miles of range per hour..so a five hour overnight charge will give you 300 miles driving.. admittedly slower than diesel/lpg/petrol fill up but they're improving all the time..

As a world collective we should be helping Honda out with the hydrogen fuel cell. They already demonstrated a fully working prototype of a HCF car (FXC Clarity) a couple of years ago, James May drove it in LA but since then information about it has been less than forthcoming.

Archived