Kurt Cobain- Did Cali DeWitt Kill Him?

Okay, so conspiracies are not really my thing.

Since watching Nick Broomfield's explicit documentary Kurt and Courtney, my thoughts on what happened to Kurt have been turned upside down.

Nick explores the multi- faceted incident and speaks to everyone involved, except Kurt and Courtney's babysitter/ drug dealer/ Courtney's former boyfriend Michael 'Cali' DeWitt, who was not willing to talk.

El Duce, frontman of controversial and frankly disgusting hardocre band The Mentors claimed, on film, that Courtney offered him $50,000 to kill Kurt. He turned her down.

There were no legible fingerprints on the gun.

I could go on for hours, so to shorten the post, please go to http://www.justiceforkurt.com- a website with all the documents from the case, photos, eveidence, transcripts etc which has been created by Tom Grant PI, the private investigator Courtney hired to 'find' Kurt. He has not been paid a penny for any of his work, except his contract with Courtney in 1994.

So... what do you reckon?

No comments like 'Nirvana are crap' etc!

I think this is interesting when you're 14, but when you get a bit older it's all bit pointless.

He's dead, get over it. If his family want to explore the case then they've got more of a right than strangers who just happened to have bought some of his music.

Okay, I understand your point. Although there are a lot of people over 14 that not only have an interest in Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, but have a vast knowledge of the Seattle music scene and murder cases in general.

This interests some people and bores others.. :)

...there are a lot of people over 14 that not only have an interest in Kurt Cobain and Nirvana, but have a vast knowledge of the Seattle music scene and murder cases in general.

Are you sure? Is there an interest group called People Really Knowledgeable About Grunge And General Murder Cases with thousands of members?

haha! okay, i'll rephrase what i was trying to say..

There are a lot of people all over the world you are really into 90s grunge, mainly hailing from Seattle as this is where it originated from.

There are also lots of people all over the world who are interested in murder cases.

:P

I saw that documentary and everyone seemed high as a kite and only appeared to be talking to get some cash to pay for their next fix

Id take that film for what its worth - which isnt much. Everyone who was truly close to him and who've come back from the same edges Cobain was standing on, say it was the drugs - not Courtney, not a hitman, not anything. It was his own doing.

We should just let this man rest in peace. Loads of other rockers from the same scenes and same circle of friends all died of ODs/Suicide and yet theres not as much interest in their deaths as there is in Kurts

Well, there is a lot of interest in Kristen Pfaff's death that followed closely, and raised the same suspicions as Kurt's. She, and Hole, have a large fanbase.

Maybe Nick Broomfield and all the other writers, film makers and journalists should have not honed in on this and kept it a secret. Then people like me wouldn't wonder.

Maybe we should have been like 'oh, another junkie' and left it at that.

In Kurt's circumstances, there wasn't much family around, just his aunt. And from what happened Courtney didn't have a positive effect on him.

I agree with one thing though- a lot of them were high as a kite. They did get paid to talk.

So this is why stupid idiots like me wonder what actually happened to him.

Curiosity killed the cat ha

Maybe Nick Broomfield and all the other writers, film makers and journalists should have not honed in on this and kept it a secret. Then people like me wouldn't wonder.

Maybe we should have been like 'oh, another junkie' and left it at that.

By no means. Just take it with a pinch of salt.

Broomfield was trying to make a product aswell, to sell. If he'd made a 'Kurt killed himself' narrative then it'd be a pretty dull film and would've been forgotten about. The 'Who dunnit?' is just part of his film making - it's his way of making films.

It's interesting, all history should be questioned. Just ... I've not worried about this since I left school.

Kurt's daughter is a grown woman now also. How time flies.

By no means. Just take it with a pinch of salt.

Broomfield was trying to make a product aswell, to sell. If he'd made a 'Kurt killed himself' narrative then it'd be a pretty dull film and would've been forgotten about. The 'Who dunnit?' is just part of his film making - it's his way of making films.

It's interesting, all history should be questioned. Just ... I've not worried about this since I left school.

Kurt's daughter is a grown woman now also. How time flies.

I think I have a really crappy way of trying to express my views haha!! I'm not worrying :) I'm just a very curious person. But anyway.

Yeah, but his way of making films is also very explicit and sometimes intrusive- he seems to be fearless when it comes to making films and explores ALL angles of what he is making a film about. He even said after the making of the film, that he did not believe he was killed and it is hard to settle a case when there are a lot of people out there who have lied.

No doubt they did! Buggers!

Oh god yeah she is, I hope she takes over the whole Nirvana estate and gives Grohl Novoselic and everyone else a big chunk of it :)

Archived