When will mobility scooter be regulated.

I saw this old chap on his scooter on a busy main road driving the wrong way in a lane for cars that needed to turn right and thought that can't be right, I've seen them weaving on roads and flying down footpaths, now I know it gives people independence but can't help thinking they should be regulated, what do people think ?

people should have to take some kind of test before they are alowed to drive them

well should they be on a main road for a start, I don't think so.

When every road has decent pavements, with adequate dropped kerbs, and plonkers in their cars and vans stop parking where they completely obstruct the pavement, then certainly, there'll be no reason for any Mobility Scoota to use the road, except when crossing from one side to the other.

car gets scratched....mate takes his to boozer every day.....cheaper than a taxi.....

never happen..loads parked outside our boozer....gets the oldies home..and cheaper than a taxi....

So drink-driving laws seemingly don't apply to them?

(give you a hint, yes they do, they can be charged for it)

Link

(I know it's a local news story from Portmouth but I wanted to avoid the Daily Fail version)

Archived