When will mobility scooter be regulated.

If you have a Large scooter your meant to go on the road thats why they have head/rear lights and indecators. The large scooters also have tax discs just like a car but people who drive a scooter should behave responsable just like car drivers. The small scooters should not be alloud IE the ones without indicators etc. But you also get parts of sheffield where you cant go on pavement due to no curbs or bollards blocking the path then they have no choice but to go on the road.

Yeah i've seen a fair few old people doing crazy things on there scooters. i know they need them to get about, but a bit of sence wouldn't go a miss!

I almost wiped one out at the bottom of Prospect road a few months ago.

The idiot just drove right into the road expecting everyone to stop for him with only a fraction of a second to react then tootled off up the middle of the road by the side of heeley city farm.

Yes, Right in the middle:loopy:

A FACT for your mates - you CAN be brethalised while on a scooter, bloody daft law IMHO, but nevertheless it is LAW.

Angel.

Why is it a daft law ?

It's already been stated that regardless of the speed 4 or 8mph, something of that size and weight and lets be fair some of these scooters get pretty large

How many of these users ACTUALLY know about the proper speed regulations or just ignore them.

And without proper identification, what's stopping some old dear running someone over, seriously hurting them and then doing one?

Just to confirm - 4mph MAXIMUM allowed on a footpath. My two scooters have a crawl button which when turned down enables them to crawl along at 1mph or even less., Only on turning the button up to maximum will the scooters do 4mph or 8mph on the big road use one.

Angel.

Yes I know it's suppost to be 4mph on the path but there ain't speed cameras I quite regularly see these large ones travelling at what must be 8mph on the path and what's to stop them.

Why is it a daft law ?

It's already been stated that regardless of the speed 4 or 8mph, something of that size and weight and lets be fair some of these scooters get pretty large

How many of these users ACTUALLY know about the proper speed regulations or just ignore them.

And without proper identification, what's stopping some old dear running someone over, seriously hurting them and then doing one?

our chariots have spikes on the wheels...just like in ben hur.....and the pavements are theirs between 5-6pm.....you have been warned....:hihi:

Yes I know it's suppost to be 4mph on the path but there ain't speed cameras I quite regularly see these large ones travelling at what must be 8mph on the path and what's to stop them.

Nothing, because large or small they are still by law allowed on the pavement.

our chariots have spikes on the wheels...just like in ben hur.....and the pavements are theirs between 5-6pm.....you have been warned....:hihi:

*sigh* oh... we can but dream eastbank, we can but dream...

Just call me Boudicca...

Why is it a daft law ?

It's daft because you will not kill any one toodling around at 4mph. As for running someone over, most scooters are a couple of inches above the highway. You would have to be anorexic for a scooter to be able to "run you over".

Angel.

Archived