Recession deepens

This must be a disappointment for all those who expected the figures would be revised up.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/9286929/UK-economy-shrinks-more-than-expected-on-fall-in-construction-output.html

Off the back of the biggest fall in retail sales for two years in April caused by weather (I don't know what the weather thing is, do other countries have it?) it looks as if Plan B will be needed after all.

It is really annoying to realise that all the effort put into the thinking behind tory policy is not working!

Cameron came up with the idea!

"I know we shall make millions in the public sector redundant then they will have more time to spend the money that they haven't got and stimulate the economy."

It appears now that his profound thinking is not working!

It is really annoying to realise that all the effort put into the thinking behind tory policy is not working!

"I know we shall make millions in the public sector redundant then they will have more time to spend the money that they haven't got and stimulate the economy."

It's exactly as predicted. Kill demand in the economy, stop it growing, then tax receipts fall, then welfare spend goes up.

We can't get out of this without growth and if growth doesn't happen soon we could end up in a tailspin.

They have very limited time to turn this round.

It's exactly as predicted. Kill demand in the economy, stop it growing, then tax receipts fall, then welfare spend goes up.

We can't get out of this without growth and if growth doesn't happen soon we could end up in a tailspin.

They have very limited time to turn this round.

The tory thinking was to get massive unemployment then get people clambering for jobs and working for peanuts. Most working people who I know have had so much taken off them that they are thinking "sod it, why should I bother" They are thinking about going unemployed as they would be better off.:)

Go on then explain to us again how we borrow money to get out of the mess that was caused by borrowing money .

Go on then explain to us again how we borrow money to get out of the mess that was caused by borrowing money .

We get a spoilt toff to fly around the world begging and borrowing

EDIT

I read the BBC website yesterday about how the recession is worse than thought. More like it's worse than than the government is trying to let on.

Archived