The Eurozone Crisis

The problem in Europe is similar to the problem here. Banks dont want to give loans to small businesses even though the banks are flush.

Small businesses which increasingly supply most new job openings cannot therefore expand which means that they dont hire and people without jobs dont spend more in the market place than absolutely necessary for survival so it's all a vicious circle.

The politicians all seem flumoxed not to mention clueless. I'm sick and tired of hearing Obama and Mitt Romney ramble on about creating millions of new jobs. Just a lot of electioneering BS

I love it how the world is claiming to be in this mass depression and that everything is going bankrupt and that all these businesses and governments are all crying fowl like big immature babies, but listen here, money does not just vanish into thin air, money circulates doesn't it, isn't that what circulation is all about, but question we should all ask as a species, where the hell has all the money gone and who in hell is hiding it with this global and corrupt smokescreen???

I love it how the world is claiming to be in this mass depression and that everything is going bankrupt and that all these businesses and governments are all crying fowl like big immature babies, but listen here, money does not just vanish into thin air, money circulates doesn't it, isn't that what circulation is all about, but question we should all ask as a species, where the hell has all the money gone and who in hell is hiding it with this global and corrupt smokescreen???

Margaret Thatcher of course!;)

I basically asked this earlier in the thread. Money doesn't vanish into thin air, it merely changes hands, or "circulates", so why has it stopped circulating? people still want stuff, people still want to produce stuff.

The "solution" that is being spoken about now to the "Eurozone crisis" is for the Eurozone countries to stop messing about and just go whole hog and merge completley together politically :suspect:

I basically asked this earlier in the thread. Money doesn't vanish into thin air, it merely changes hands, or "circulates", so why has it stopped circulating? people still want stuff, people still want to produce stuff.

The "solution" that is being spoken about now to the "Eurozone crisis" is for the Eurozone countries to stop messing about and just go whole hog and merge completley together politically :suspect:

It disappears to foreign countries when we import more than we export, it’s also spread between more and more people as the population grows.

Mmmm, could we see a united Europe then in the future, if that us the case then the euro would still be in use, if not then I can see a few more countries crashing out and following Greece in the process, if only they would just cut to the chase and get on with it.

Certainly think of a couple of places where capital is sitting unused:

1. On company books. British companies alone hoarding £700bn but reluctant to spend because of the financial climate

2. Wealth has disproportionately flowed to the top. We have a capitalist system so of course we will always have winners and losers. It's just that the balance has tipped more in favour of of the wealthy. Wealth is less equitably distrubuted than for a long time. This kills demand in the wider economy.

Some debt has already started to be written off, e.g. Greek sovereign haircuts

It's debatable whether much of the 'money' was real to begin with. A lot of it was created out of thin air and nominally valued against assets that became toxic junk. Take your pick - overpriced property, stocks, derivatives etc... It was an illusion, like candy floss. A very impressive stick of candy floss can be made from a small amount of sugar, you can spin it and spin it and spin it but it will only stay looking impressive for so long once you stop spinning - you'll soon find it was just a couple of spoons of sugar after all ;).

Certainly think of a couple of places where capital is sitting unused:

1. On company books. British companies alone hoarding £700bn but reluctant to spend because of the financial climate

2. Wealth has disproportionately flowed to the top. We have a capitalist system so of course we will always have winners and losers. It's just that the balance has tipped more in favour of of the wealthy. Wealth is less equitably distrubuted than for a long time. This kills demand in the wider economy.

Some debt has already started to be written off, e.g. Greek sovereign haircuts

It's debatable whether much of the 'money' was real to begin with. A lot of it was created out of thin air and nominally valued against assets that became toxic junk. Take your pick - overpriced property, stocks, derivatives etc... It was an illusion, like candy floss. A very impressive stick of candy floss can be made from a small amount of sugar, you can spin it and spin it and spin it but it will only stay looking impressive for so long once you stop spinning - you'll soon find it was just a couple of spoons of sugar after all ;).

I like that analogy. :)

Archived