Pointless objects..

Home burglar alarms, and car alarms! Does anyone pay the slightest bit of attention? Except to be annoyed if one wakes you up in the middle of the night!

How many times have you heard one going off, and just totally ignored it?

Good one (or two), you are a kindred spirit!:hihi:

You may think they're just there to tie in the colour scheme and make the room look nice but the chair cover did originally serve the purpose of protecting the upholstery from stray droppages and spillages, and in the case of the old fashioned wooden church hall chair type, protect the clothing and person of the guests from splinters and discomfort.

Now they've become more elaborate with bows and sashes and even the monograms or names of the bride and groom, which is pretty pointless, imo, but the original purpose was valid.

You may think they're just there to tie in the colour scheme and make the room look nice but the chair cover did originally serve the purpose of protecting the upholstery from stray droppages and spillages, and in the case of the old fashioned wooden church hall chair type, protect the clothing and person of the guests from splinters and discomfort.

Now they've become more elaborate with bows and sashes and even the monograms or names of the bride and groom, which is pretty pointless, imo, but the original purpose was valid.

well that gives it as much point as another pointless object I have come up with:

Those screen covers for touch technology, you spend £100s buying a fabulous gadget with an amazing screen which you then add a thing plastic laminate thing which covers up your perfect screen and you never see the unadulterated screen again-I am a bit guilty of this because I constantly drop my ipod in the road but I still think I am idiot for using one (although my is heavy duty full on protection version):huh:

In fact your point makes paying for a chair cover even more pointless, surely the hotel should be paying you to use the chair cover instead of the chair?

Good one (or two), you are a kindred spirit!:hihi:

So it would seem.....Grumpy old men? :hihi:

How about those power gauge thingies on the side of some Duracel batteries?

If the battery doesn't work it's dead!!!!...End of!

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of batteries. Does anyone actually take dead ones back to the shop to dispose of 'safely' in those special dead battery boxes? :suspect:

hen do and stag do t-shirts with comedy nicknames!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

and its grumpy wo-man I will have you know!

Why does everyone always assume I am a bloke? Its my inherent grumpiness isnt it-whoops thats sexist!:(

Archived