Does anyone leave their car doors unlocked?

This happened to my car in East dean (rotherham) but i guess its my fault for leaving it unlocked... and it could have been worse, ie if they had broken a window etc..

U people are gona think im nuts, but i even leave my wallet in the drives side door, but tht night i took it out bcos i was going to order an USB for the stereo, well, guess i dont need to order tht now!

My neighbour always leaves her car unlocked - her rationale is that if someone wants to get in they will and she'd rather they didn't smash a window/bust up the lock to do so. Gutted for you :(

Me too. But only because it is old, when I have newish cars I lock them.

A mate of mine had an old Chevette that didn't always lock properly. He was somewhat surprised that someone had seemingly put a book on the back seat one night - but he thought nothing of it and carried on with his day, and forgot about the book. He later discovered that the book belonged to a tramp who was sleeping on the back seat overnight. Rather nicely he made sure the car was never locked after that, although the car didn't last too much longer.

Few years back when we rented an Apartment and had to park on the street with they keys left in as always, then we noticed it was in a different place every morning, turned out some kid was taking it for a joy ride every night and then bringing it back, my husband set a trap, somehow took the inside handle off and left the window all the way down, following night my husband sat in wait, the kid got in closed the door using the open window, went for his ride came back and couldn't get out, my husband had then called the cops who were in wait , they took him out and he ran like mad , fell over a stone wall and got caught.

The car was very old, so the it wasn't the problem but the insurance could have been, turned out the kid was the son a a cop that lived on the next street.

Few years back when we rented an Apartment and had to park on the street with they keys left in as always, then we noticed it was in a different place every morning, turned out some kid was taking it for a joy ride every night and then bringing it back, my husband set a trap, somehow took the inside handle off and left the window all the way down, following night my husband sat in wait, the kid got in closed the door using the open window, went for his ride came back and couldn't get out, my husband had then called the cops who were in wait , they took him out and he ran like mad , fell over a stone wall and got caught.

The car was very old, so the it wasn't the problem but the insurance could have been, turned out the kid was the son a a cop that lived on the next street.

Why couldn't the kid get out of the window or another door? Seems an extraordinary length to go to for such a rubbish 'trap' - especially if the "cops" were "in wait" anyway.

What a load of :loopy:

Archived