Does anyone leave their car doors unlocked?

Why couldn't the kid get out of the window or another door? Seems an extraordinary length to go to for such a rubbish 'trap' - especially if the "cops" were "in wait" anyway.

No it was no problem :roll:

Well, you must live in a very nice, safe neighbourhood Poppins 8) Unfortunately, none of us Sheffielders do :(

Speak for yourself.

Left the house unlocked over a long weekend, routinely leave the back door open, rarely lock the car (mostly because I'm absent minded).

So this neighbourhood is very nice and safe from where I'm standing.

Speak for yourself.

Left the house unlocked over a long weekend, routinely leave the back door open, rarely lock the car (mostly because I'm absent minded).

So this neighbourhood is very nice and safe from where I'm standing.

It just means that no one has realised your house is unsecure yet. If anyone gets a sniff of that you will soon be robbed blind.

It just means that no one has realised your house is unsecure yet. If anyone gets a sniff of that you will soon be robbed blind.

Rest of my family in Sheffield have never been robbed...as far as I know.

Its done so often, chancers walking in open doors when you're in, never mind out - They get caught, they've got the wrong house, sorry. They don't, they take whatever they can from the room they're in, and get out. I know of many cases of this, in different areas. There was one posted the other day, a purse theft, where someone walked into the kitchen whilst the people in the house where in the next room. This was in Woodseats which is generally a 'nice' area.

Edit: Also happened to someone I know in Netherthorpe, she went upstairs, for 5 minutes, when she came down, the back door was open - 2 phones, keys, a purse and her camera gone from the kitchen side.

Numerous people on my Mums estate have caught people red handed in their kitchens, when caught they say they're selling something, and had knocked but nobody answered :lol:

Its obviously not that theres someone walking round every area all day trying every door, but if you do it regularly, you may get caught out soon. Look at all the people in this thread who left their cars unlocked just once and someone tried the door. Could be a one off unlucky thing, but more than likely theres someone at it every night.

Archived