Angling Trust bailiffs.

This is an old thread but the rules are the same regarding licence dodges.

So has the introduction of Angling Trust volunteer officers made any difference, are there less anglers fishing illegally. Why Police don't do more to prevent licence evasion on fisheries is beyond me.

As for the Angling Trust who's a member in our area. I don't know any members, do you?

Unless you fish natural venues or need Trust membership to entitle you to enter Fishomania or your fishing is on natural waters what benefits do the Trust offer pleasure anglers that spend all their time on commercial venues.

I'm not a member of AT and can't see me changing my mind. £25 may not be much, I don't see myself as tight but I like to see a benefit if I spend money.

I've never thought about entering, the stipulation that Barry Hearn's put Angling Trust membership as obligatory to entrants as stopped a lot of anglers applying.

It's a £25 levy just to apply that's not refundable if you don't get a ticket.

yeah, I used to apply for probably 6 every year, fished no more than that in all the years I was trying, but as soon as this rip-off regulation was brought in, I gave up on it

pity really as I used to really enjoy the enormity of those qualifiers

I've never thought about entering, the stipulation that Barry Hearn's put Angling Trust membership as obligatory to entrants as stopped a lot of anglers applying.

It's a £25 levy just to apply that's not refundable if you don't get a ticket.

Yeah it's better that angling doesn't have a voice at a national/government level. Just let the rspb etc get ground the table when it comes to what happens to some of our waters. £25 will buy a session or twos worth of bait instead!

I was a member of the a.c.a ( forerunner to the angling trust ) for many years. It was a worthy cause and I didn't mind the fees going up each year. What I didn't like was the constant pressure to raise funds by selling draw tickets numerous times each year. Work colleagues,fishing pals and tackle shops got fed up of me badgering them to buy. The more counterfoils I sent,the a.c a would send even more tickets the next time.

The Angling Trust are very good at banging their own drum saying angling is at risk without them but what have they really done to reduce Cormorants. If they want my £25 I need to see action.

They are number one at reviews into the damage Cormorants cause to fisheries, it's evident that one after another review is not the answer. If they were to prove they have any clout with regard to Cormorants it may give a little credence to other claims they make.

If the Trust are really are the savior of angling we are in trouble. :help:

When faced with opposition from the RSPB they appear to slink into a corner and keep quiet.

The Angling Trust are very good at banging their own drum saying angling is at risk without them but what have they really done to reduce Cormorants. If they want my £25 I need to see action.

They are number one at reviews into the damage Cormorants cause to fisheries, it's evident that one after another review is not the answer. If they were to prove they have any clout with regard to Cormorants it may give a little credence to other claims they make.

If the Trust are really are the savior of angling we are in trouble. :help:

When faced with opposition from the RSPB they appear to slink into a corner and keep quiet.

And what do the rspb have? Money. Money brings influence. And lawyers and the ability to buy up land - they have 1300 staff plus an army of volunteers. They have over a million members. Do the maths!!!

And what do the rspb have? Money. Money brings influence. And lawyers and the ability to buy up land - they have 1300 staff plus an army of volunteers. They have over a million members. Do the maths!!!

So are you saying you're a Angling Trust member ?

And they don't pay a licence fee! Something wrong somewhere - we pay the government for our sport but are asked to pay again for protection against those who pay the government nothing!