Timex watch with buttons

[hi i have a timex watch with the usual things day, date, alarm. but the problem i have is that one of the 3 buttons is missing it a good watch to good to scrap my question can the missing button be replaced, if it can how much and were bearing in mind my my yorkshire pockets are very long, back to the button can i do it myself ??

If you can get hold of a similar model that's broken, you could pinch the required bit/s and yes, I'd say it should be easy to replace, so long as there is no structural damage to the case to cause the replacement button to fall out as well! However, is it worth the effort and hassle? Timex watches are cheap as chips, and you'd be boosting an British industry by buying a new one. Definitely not worth paying to have it fixed, I would have thought.

• 4 months later...

i have been collecting timex watches for years now and found them all very reliable, they keep time well i have washed, swiming in the sea with on, bathed with it on, one i had was plunged in oil daily,they have never been seviced the only thing ive had done is change the battery, renewed the strap on one or two. they are not expensive you can get a very nice one for 20 or 30 quid i would recomend them to anyone to anyone, i'm looking out for a new one to build my collection, if anyony from ti,mex is reading this and would like to gift me one it would be very much appreciate it thanks steve

Archived