Ennis laughs off 'fat' slur

What a load of cr*p. For pity's sake, the woman is a world class athlete. If someone really has said that, they should be named and shamed. It's irresponsible remarks like that which makes people have distorted views of their bodies.

Well said, she is a beautiful woman, she glows with health, has a lovely smile and is a Sheffield born and bred. Thankfully she seems like a confident young woman too, to make a comment like that to anyone with the slightest bit of self doubt could bring on eating disorders.

Well said, she is a beautiful woman, she glows with health, has a lovely smile and is a Sheffield born and bred. Thankfully she seems like a confident young woman too, to make a comment like that to anyone with the slightest bit of self doubt could bring on eating disorders.

Because that's what's important. :|

Past it.

Of course the media luvvies who can't see anything but the best headline build it up for a spectacular failure and then make hay out of knocking her and the rest down.

But Ennis will simply fail.

The world moves on and fiction provides repeat winners whereas only history ocassionally gives us double and treble successes.

An example was the nonsense talked when man u played Man C in that match. The media told us how Tevez would score the winner. Makes a good story of course. The reality was a 60th minute substitution. No great headline in that.

As a player of percentages I'd suggest you take odds on Ennis failing to medal. I reckon that would be well worth a bet.

And the fat jibe in perspective is that she is not conditioned. The timing has to be considered and within the 100 days she must be tapering the training down to what? Hence, I think if your'e not honed, lean and mean now, the look that follows would only be cosmetic.

I've thought for a long time that she was less toned than an athlete should be; and leaves the moronic 'girlfriend' comments to one side. As an athlete she lacks the conditioning right now despite some sound results. Those same results were not winning ones. Close but not close enough and nowhere near discouraging her rivals to accept silver.

No.

I think she has had her day in the sun and it's not to be repeated. Others, younger, fitter and definately hungrier have already superceded her. The little podium step will prove one too far.

When your face is plastered all over town, the media gives you a place on the TV studio sofa and sponsorship guarantees you wealth that will sustain a millionaire life style long after the high jump meant clearing a bar and not being in trouble, it's hard to concentrate and what it was once all about.

Winning.

Now it's celebrity, turning out, losing gracefully and trying your hand at commentating. The latter she won't get as she's not an Edwards with the support of the BBC god squad, a Pinsent etc with the old school tie, or a token female as the beeb fill that quota with an array of dumb but pretty girls.

Sad but true.

Archived