Car insurance- Are you covered?

It's entirely possible that someone else drives the car under a different policy though... It would be very difficult to try to prove that the mileage was all down to the driver in question.

You're quite correct, but its always possible especially if they check all the other stuff.Any other drivers,named or otherwise,main drivers details etc

I'm sure they wouldn't refuse to pay out but the potential risk is always there.

And of course with the photo style licences that have to be renewed every 10 years there's quite a number of people driving around illegally as it hasn't been renewed as they don't realise it needs renewing! Thereby invalidating their insurance.

My Dad drives my car using his own 3rd party cover from his insurance, there's nothing that links him to my car at all except that I give him the keys and permission to drive it.

Is that likely to have a significant impact on the mileage that you are insured for?

We have three drivers of one of our cars but we still don't exceed the 6k per car insured limit on my policy.

Archived