Best areas to live close to the M18/ M180 junction

Currently I'm living in Lakeside, Doncaster which I find very nice and a great location for the M18.

However, due to a change in job I'm looking to move a bit further down the M18 closer to the M180 junction. I need to be half way between Scunthorpe and Goole.

So far I'm considering Thorne and Hatfield but I have no idea what they are like. The advice I have been given so far has been to avoid them (lots of drug issues etc.....) and stay in Lakeside.

Can anyone offer any advice or suggest alternatives?

Thanks

Howden is a really nice and fairly affluent village/small town. It's close to Goole but in most respects it's the anti-Goole. It also has a train station and is right on the M62 but not so you'd notice. I once looked into moving there as I needed to be between Sheff and Hull for a bit. I never made the move but I liked this place, which is saying something for me in terms of the Eastern flatlands in general. I'm not keen on most if it at all - Goole, Scunny, Hull, Louth, Grimsby/Cleethorpes etc etc. They all seem quite isolated and insular, so staying in Doncaster and commuting is preferable.

Currently I'm living in Lakeside, Doncaster which I find very nice and a great location for the M18.

However, due to a change in job I'm looking to move a bit further down the M18 closer to the M180 junction. I need to be half way between Scunthorpe and Goole.

So far I'm considering Thorne and Hatfield but I have no idea what they are like. The advice I have been given so far has been to avoid them (lots of drug issues etc.....) and stay in Lakeside.

Can anyone offer any advice or suggest alternatives?

Thanks

Used to live in Epworth which is close enough to the M180, very convenient for travel but, pretty rural, nice place to live and property prices were very good.

Archived