Sadness as students pull out of lease on Fox & Duck pub in Broomhill

Look at the York. That closed down as needed a change, came back stronger than ever!

Fox and Duck will come back Im certain. I'm sure the people who bought the Yorks ears are burning now with this opportunity on the horizon.

Probably quite similar to the Highcliffe (Greystones) then...

Dunno if you are being sarcastic as I get the impression the Highcliffe is doing well now?

The difference is there's very little housing density around the Shiny Sheff, bar the council estate.

What Broomhill needs is a nice coffee shop.....!

Anyone know what rent Enterprise want for the F&D?

The rent will be cheap... for a couple of months... then it it gradually creep up until you can no longer afford to eat, at which point they will replace you with some other poor sucker.

Dunno if you are being sarcastic as I get the impression the Highcliffe is doing well now?

The difference is there's very little housing density around the Shiny Sheff, bar the council estate.

The Highcliffe became The Greystones after Thornbridge took it over.

Look at the York. That closed down as needed a change, came back stronger than ever!

The York has come back as an entirely new pub, I suppose the old York pre Scream / stupid Irish theme bar etc died about 15 years ago.

Thornbridge need to concentrate on taking over flagging pubs like The Highcliffe. I've never seen it so busy now it's the greystones. Same with Hallamshire House.

They want to get their teeth into the Shiny Sheff at Lodge Moor.

They won't get the Shiny Sheff, it was given as a sweetner to the current landlord that helped close so many local pubs as an Enterprise area manager....

The rent will be cheap... for a couple of months... then it it gradually creep up until you can no longer afford to eat, at which point they will replace you with some other poor sucker.

Anybody who signs up to a lease where the landlord can up the rent willy nilly clearly should not be in business.

Archived