Sadness as students pull out of lease on Fox & Duck pub in Broomhill

I may be missing some sort of point here (possibly related to been up at 1am after drinking a lot) but is the Fox and Duck not a really really rubbish pub?

Last time I went in it was very brightly lit with knackered limited seating and a terrible selection of cheap horrible booze?!?

I love a good old traditional pub very very much, but the Fox and Duck was just dire and tacky!

I may be missing some sort of point here (possibly related to been up at 1am after drinking a lot) but is the Fox and Duck not a really really rubbish pub?

Last time I went in it was very brightly lit with knackered limited seating and a terrible selection of cheap horrible booze?!?

I love a good old traditional pub very very much, but the Fox and Duck was just dire and tacky!

I managed the place in the mid to late 90s. Great and popular place then.

I managed the place in the mid to late 90s. Great and popular place then.

Ahhh I've been around since 2004 so clearly missed the good times!

There is a pub that I used to go to in my home town that used to be amazing and now when I go back it's terrible. I still always go in and hope though as I have a soft spot!

It was in Doncaster though, so probably will only get worse!

That is one place where Thornbridge wont work. Most drinkers in there (and there arent many) are hardened John Smiths Smooth drinkers and moan at any sort of change. Very price sensitive too...

That's why it's full of hardened smooth drinkers though! I think this area top road S10 is desperate for a quality boozer, bottom road has Ranmoor, a resurgent Bulls Head and the excellent Rising Sun. We have a 70s pub in a car park:gag: Think there is a killing to be made up here...

Great.

Another letting agency, hair salon (with obligatory nail bar) or perhaps 'luxury' student accommodation to look forward to.

Fox and Duck used to be a cracking John Smith's pub serving a super pint of cask Magnet.

It's all changed since then...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

we're a family business and we'll be taking over at the Fox and Duck from this Friday as our very first pub, we've got a lot of experience though and will be trying our best to keep the place as a good quality and good value community local! If any of you would like to keep up to date with what's going on we're on facebook and have a website (edit - but because we're new to the forum we can't post links yet, facebook is broomhillfox)

We can understand some of the negative stuff towards Enterprise, but they have been pretty decent with us so far and we'll strive to take the pub back to it's former glory, as it has got a little tired. We understand the University's position that this isn't a core part of their student facilities, but we feel that the Broomhill community is a strong one and we're excited to welcome locals and students alike in the coming years.

We look forward to seeing some of you in here soon!

Thanks for reading :)

Archived