Jordan Rhodes ..

canadablade

rumour had it he was going to norwich for 7/8 million

Anyone willing to pay that much for a player having a one off season in division 3 ask for all they get.

Now if he sticks around at Huddersfield and does the same again next season in a higher division then maybe they have a valid point.

He's clearly a better player than he showed on Saturday - and it was pretty clear that once our own attacking options disappeared with Macca's hamstring, that our main tactic was concentrated on shutting him down (as they rely on him even more than we did on Ched).

He's a much better all round player than the likes of Billy Sharp, and look what he was able to do in a good passing side with him as the focus, and now on his way to the top flight with Southampton. I do think he needs to move on now to a stronger club to progress to the next level, and he'd certainly be worth a punt for someone like Fulham or Villa (if Slew was worth spending £1m on, then Rhodes must be a minimum of 3 to 4 million?).

In recent weeks someone on here was saying that Rhodes would be at Hillsborough soon if they'd lost the final - does he have family at S6 on the staff?

He's clearly a better player than he showed on Saturday - and it was pretty clear that once our own attacking options disappeared with Macca's hamstring, that our main tactic was concentrated on shutting him down (as they rely on him even more than we did on Ched).

He's a much better all round player than the likes of Billy Sharp, and look what he was able to do in a good passing side with him as the focus, and now on his way to the top flight with Southampton. I do think he needs to move on now to a stronger club to progress to the next level, and he'd certainly be worth a punt for someone like Fulham or Villa (if Slew was worth spending £1m on, then Rhodes must be a minimum of 3 to 4 million?).

In recent weeks someone on here was saying that Rhodes would be at Hillsborough soon if they'd lost the final - does he have family at S6 on the staff?[/QUOTE]

Yes mate, i believe his Dad is the goalkeeping coach.

He won't be at Hillsborough, he might aswell stay at Huddersfield. If he is going to move from them (Huddersfield), i suspect he will only do so for a Prem outfit.

My Hudders mates were saying that it was reported in the local press (evening paper?) a few weeks ago that the Chairman won't sell him and will let him play out the remainder of his contract. Not sure what happens if Rhodes decides he is the big time Charlie and gets the face on because he can't leave?

Archived