Travelling to florida with convictions

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help.

I am trying to find out if someone with a criminal conviction can still travel to florida for a family holiday.

I do believe that you have to apply for a visa.

What we dont want to happen is for the person to book their holiday and travel over there and get refused and waste thousands of pounds.

So we would like to know what you have to do? If you can apply for a visa before booking a holiday? The holiday would be in 2014 so can you do it that far in advance?

Also who do we email/contact if we need do.

Thanks

know of somebody who was jailed for a few months about being stopped by the Police and found to be carrying a knife.

He went to the USA on holiday to stay with friends over there and... I honestly thought the Dept of Homeland Security would have booted him back over here on the first plane outta there, but they let him in...

Whether he declared the offence to them or not, I honestly don't know... :hihi:

some people are saying declare it and others are saying not.

They are saying if you declare you will automatically be refused but if you dont declare it and get found out you will get booted out and banned for life.

The person I am talking about is not myself but I believe this person has actually been to prison and I do think they may have cannabis on their record also.

This person hasnt been to prison I believe for 6-8 years. but has had little convictions after that and given a fine

some people are saying declare it and others are saying not.

They are saying if you declare you will automatically be refused but if you dont declare it and get found out you will get booted out and banned for life.

The person I am talking about is not myself but I believe this person has actually been to prison and I do think they may have cannabis on their record also.

This person hasnt been to prison I believe for 6-8 years. but has had little convictions after that and given a fine

OK.....What did you do?:suspect:

Archived