Travelling to florida with convictions

Hi

If you go on the web sight and fill in the Esta application form you get to a question which ask do you have any criminal convictions these include motoring offences which you can be taken to court for although things like parking are over looked but drink driving is not, If you answer yes to the question have you any criminal convictions you cannot go any further you have to make an appointment for an interview at the us embassy for a visa. I have heard of people not declaring and getting through but i have also heard of a party of 15 Glaswegians foot ballers going to the us and 11 of them was refused entry, you take your chance

i don't know fully about it all as it not me i think they have few convictions but.

not sure i know one is drug related and one is theft not sure about the others there was when this person was drug independent

thank you to everyone who has helped

do children need visas etc

The US is fairly tough on drug offences. There was a time that the Beatles were almost banned because of drugs, but luckily the powers that be thought better of it. Fame solves many problems.

The US is fairly tough on drug offences. There was a time that the Beatles were almost banned because of drugs, but luckily the powers that be thought better of it. Fame solves many problems.

Amy Winehouse was banned from America for drug offences :hihi:

my father in law was sent to prison for a few years for ringing cars and ABH, he lost his home, his business...everything when he went to prison....

hes been to america humptine times since and got in with no questions asked! he normally goes every year and hes never got a visa, they would turn him down straight away if he applied for one!

Apply for your ESTA, they last two years. If one is granted then you won't have a problem.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

ESTA is if you have not had any conviction or the like. If you just fill in the ESTA more than likley youll be returned back and barred

i don't know fully about it all as it not me i think they have few convictions but.

not sure i know one is drug related and one is theft not sure about the others there was when this person was drug independent

thank you to everyone who has helped

do children need visas etc

It depends.

A friend of mine has to get a visa if he wants to go to the US, but he shouldnt have an issue as his conviction has been cleared for over 20 years and has a letter from the police stating he is no longer considered someone of risk to re-offend. His offense is stronger than your friends...

Your best bet is to go to the US Embassy in London and make an appointment for an application for a travel visa. Take EVERYTHING and anything you think could be of use to provide that your friend is now an upstanding citizen. The travel visa will only be valid for a short time, before travel, so that person may want to wait on booking their airfare.

The embassy will not speak to you on the phone.

Their children wont need a special travel visa, only the ESTA to be completed before travel.

Also if they do go to the embassy, mobile phones, computers, ereaders and the like are NOT allowed to go in past security.

my father in law was sent to prison for a few years for ringing cars and ABH, he lost his home, his business...everything when he went to prison....

hes been to america humptine times since and got in with no questions asked! he normally goes every year and hes never got a visa, they would turn him down straight away if he applied for one!

hes quite lucky, but this is not normal. It is NOT worth the risk.

If you are sent back travel insurance will not cover the loss of any expenses paid out.

Hi,

I wonder if someone could help.

I am trying to find out if someone with a criminal conviction can still travel to florida for a family holiday.

I do believe that you have to apply for a visa.

What we dont want to happen is for the person to book their holiday and travel over there and get refused and waste thousands of pounds.

So we would like to know what you have to do? If you can apply for a visa before booking a holiday? The holiday would be in 2014 so can you do it that far in advance?

Also who do we email/contact if we need do.

Thanks

Im just back home about an 1 hr ago from Jacksonville and have been over to the US 5 times without any problems,visa can be applied online up till the day before you travel and it is valid for 2 years. No point in applying till nearer the date as it would have expired by the time you need it in 2014.I think they are more interested in wether the offences are drug or sexual related rather than petty crimes.

Archived