Travelling to florida with convictions

I have traveled many places with only one conviction which is that's it's my manifest destiny to have a bloody good time when I get there
Whenever I came ashore from one of Her Majesty's Ships, certain Catholic members would ask me i I would car to join them on a visit to the local mystery site, such as Fatima in Portugal. I always politely told them that since I was a protestant I would be doomed to hell. Almost every City worth its salt has a red light district worthy of investigation, aand I sometimes ventured therein, merely to verify its sinfulness. Though it pained me, I had to stay over until the last liberty boat back to the current HMS. A particular interest of mine was a narrow street in Valletta, Malta called Strait Street, better known to the entire Mediterranean Fleet as the Gut.

Whenever I came ashore from one of Her Majesty's Ships, certain Catholic members would ask me i I would car to join them on a visit to the local mystery site, such as Fatima in Portugal. I always politely told them that since I was a protestant I would be doomed to hell. Almost every City worth its salt has a red light district worthy of investigation, aand I sometimes ventured therein, merely to verify its sinfulness. Though it pained me, I had to stay over until the last liberty boat back to the current HMS. A particular interest of mine was a narrow street in Valletta, Malta called Strait Street, better known to the entire Mediterranean Fleet as the Gut.

Tongue in cheek eh buck? :hihi:

My guess is that he won't be allowed in; but my advice is the same as Harleyman's above. He (or you on his behalf) must contact the Embassy for a definitive answer.

Strictly speaking, what you should do first is to apply for the ESTA; when you reach the bit that asks about previous convictions and you answer "yes," you will be denied an ESTA and you'll be told to apply for a visa from the Embassy. It comes to the same thing.

i still dont know whats best

Well they put crimes / record into categories for screening purposes.

If you / friend has any record for violence or fraud then its going to be tough to get a visa.

A caution / reprimand, anything on PNC and you still need to declare and apply for a visa. Only if you are squeaky clean can you get a normal 3 month holiday visa automatically.

i still dont know whats best

Best bet is to get the facts from the Visa Section at the US Embassy. Relying on random opinions from individual posters wont help much.

THIS

Use the embassy website. If using not reliable information on the net to base if its okay for your friend to travel wont fly at US Immigration. Theyll just laugh as they pull your friend to a separate room and make them wait for their return flight at home.

BTW if one person is sent back, an the whole party cant travel without them, its up to the remainder of the party to get themselves back. The airline will only pay to return the denied person in the party.

Edit:

Theyll need to apply for a B-2 visa:

http://london.usembassy.gov/b2.html

http://london.usembassy.gov/add_crime.html

Arrests and Convictions

Under United States visa law, anyone who have ever been arrested and/or convicted of an offense is required to apply for a visa. In cases where the arrest resulted in a conviction, the individual may be permanently ineligible to receive a visa and in order to travel, a waiver of the permanent ineligibility is required. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act does not apply to United States visa law. Therefore, even travelers with a spent conviction are required to declare the arrest and/or conviction and apply for a visa.

Documents relating to your arrest and/or conviction

Applicants are required to furnish an ACRO Police Certificate issued within 6 months of the date of the visa interview. Information on obtaining the police certificate is available from ACPO Criminal Records Office (ACRO) website. This Police Certificate covers the whole of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and is sent to the address provided at the time of the application.

If the ACRO Police Certificate states "No Live Trace" or does not list in full your arrests/convictions/cautions, you will also be required to furnish copies of the court record(s) covering all charges of which you have been convicted, or which are presently pending against you, if relevant. Another way in which to provide this information is in the form of a Subject Access Statement.

You are also required to complete and furnish a personal data form VCU1.

Important Notice for Applicants applying at the U.S. Embassy in London. The original police certificate will be retained on file by the Embassy. Applicants who wish to have the original document returned to them on the day of the interview should also bring a photocopy of the document and a stamped, self-addressed envelope.

Though, if you're denied you can appeal, but it can take up to 22 weeks

Applicants who are found ineligible to receive a visa

If the conviction(s) results in the applicant being found permanently ineligible to receive a visa, it will mean a lifetime exclusion from the United States unless he or she obtains a waiver of the permanent ineligibility from the United States Department of Homeland Security Customs and Border Protection (DHSCBP). The granting of a waiver is not automatic and is based on several factors, including nature of the crime committed, sentence served and the period of time which has elapsed since the conviction.

If a favorable recommendation is made to DHSCBP for a waiver of the permanent ineligibility, the application will take between 20 and 22 weeks to process; some applications may take longer.

Archived